Need motivation to lose 125 pounds

Options
Hi! I’ve had some pretty crappy health problems for a few years and gained over 100 pounds. I’m looking for motivation to lose the weight back and would love someone to chat with to give/get motivation.

Replies

• Lottieehlers
    Lottieehlers Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Anyone here
  • HeatherScottTN
    HeatherScottTN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    you can do this... it is to easy but we can CHOOSE to make the choices that will move us toward our goal and stop the insanity of continued weight gain. let's FOCUS on HEALTHY CHOICES... and when we do eat something less than healthy.. let's focus on moderation.. not just gorging. Think of what you can do and continue doing so this can be a lifestyle change... and you will never gain it back. let's GO!!!!
  • songe121
    songe121 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You got this girl!!! I have a goal to lose 50 lbs right now and some days it seems impossible. But I have to break it down to day by day. I tell myself just for today I’m going to eat healthy and exercise. It makes it much easier to make good choices because I’m not overwhelmed with the thoughts like omg I could never eat fried food again! Lol add me as a friend if you’d like to help motivate each other ! You can do this day by day!
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hey! You can totally do it! Losing 125 is my starting goal too :) I posted something here a few weeks ago about how I was yo-yo dieting for years, and finally with the help of others and just being committed to tracking every day, something clicked and this has been the longest I have gone without binging.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want! I'm only 8 pounds down so far, so we're still about the same :)
  • adeleml
    adeleml Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know it seems like a long way to go and it goes slow. But you can do it and you’ll be glad you did. I lost weight about six years ago- forty pounds and ten are back after six years but now I know you can move better and you feel lighter without all that extra weight. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and follow the plan until you can see why — you will see why. That’s what I’m going to do too.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There's a great community here. Check out the Success forum, others have accomplished what you are starting.

When you get a chance, read the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum.

The fact is there is no way you can stay motivated for the rest of your life, no one can. You need to form healthy habits. Focus first on calories, and make logging a habit, like brushing your teeth or making your bed. Be patient, know you will have bad days and just make sure you learn from them. Good luck!
  • abstew04
    abstew04 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    In the same boat here, feel free to add :smiley: