42, need to lose 30 lbs, and can’t exercise

Options
My weight loss will have to be diet only due to a severe SI joint problem that prevents me from exercising. My calorie limit is 1260. Need lots of encouragement, this is going to be tough but I’m determined.

Replies

• Lottieehlers
    Lottieehlers Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    My weight loss will have to be diet only due to a severe SI joint problem that prevents me from exercising. My calorie limit is 1260. Need lots of encouragement, this is going to be tough but I’m determined.

Welcome! With 30 lbs to lose, you should probably be set to lose 1 lb per week, so if you are set up higher, dial it back and see if it gives you a few more calories.

Having said that, it's possible 1260 is appropriate. It might help to focus on bulking up your meals with lots of veggies and lean protein.

Hang in there and good luck!
  • KerrieA87
    KerrieA87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi, can you do any upper body exercises like a hand rower, small dumbbells? I’m not supposed to exercise without a first aider beside me (exercise causes an anaphylactic reaction) and I have other health issues but I adapt things to help me on days when I feel more able
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I have lost 32 pounds this last year with very little exercise. I have Osteoarthritis and occasional Sacroiliac Joint issues. I am losing on 1350 per day. I have another 30 pounds to lose. It can be done, just be consistent and patient. :)

• bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    5 years ago I lost 34 pounds without exercise because,of health issues so it is possible. I did it on 1200 calories. This time I am raising my calorie limit a bit for now, it is totally doable. The hardest part is the message that weight loss must include exercise. That is easy for others to say if they have no restrictions. We need to remember we are doing what is best for us under our extra challenges. Add friends who accept your challenges.
  • HeatherScottTN
    HeatherScottTN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    it REALLY is all about the NUTRITION what we put in our mouth that makes the most difference so don't be discouraged! It will be slow but slow and steady is good! I'm getting back to this and will not kill myself working out. I will do what I can... but mostly I want to start fueling my body properly... healthy choices... and fill the empty places with something other than food... friendship or serving someone else or a good book, meditation... anything other than shoving food in my mouth. WE CAN DO THIS!