Slow cooker recipes

Options
Hi all I’m looking for quick and easy slow cooker recipes perfect for winter nights. Anyone got any that they’re willing to share?

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Well there's no such thing as a quick slow cooker recipe, but you might try over on the Recipes board.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    "Quick" probably refers to amount of prep time ;)

Most of the recipes in my favorite crock pot cook book have quite a bit of prep time but I will toss it into the thread anyway: The Gourmet Slow Cooker: Simple and Sophisticated Meals from Around the World

One way I speed things up is by using ground spices rather than ones that need to be ground. Also, most of the recipes only need 5-6 hours so I prep at lunch and the food is ready for dinner. (I work from home so am able to do this.) In general, you'd want whole cuts of meat for recipes that take a whole work day.

@ahowles7781 allrecipes.com has a slow cooker section: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipes/253/everyday-cooking/slow-cooker/

Look at the stars and the comments - I look for trends in the comments, for example, if many people say "needs more salt" I will take that suggestion.

I love Chicken Cacciatore and Beef Burgundy in the slow cooker but I use a mash up of recipes so have nothing specific to share.

Also, I cook dried beans overnight in the crockpot - when they cook for 8 hours, no pre-soaking is required.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Chilis do great in the slow cooker and can be as easy or as hard as you want them to be.
    Go to Publix's website and look up "Spicy Taco Chili" on there Apron's recipes. It's basically a bunch of cans with a packet of taco sauce but has a lot of flavor and tastes like you put in a lot of effort.
  • DistortedVisionUK
    DistortedVisionUK Posts: 35 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options