50lbs in 48 Weeks. Need Motivational Friends!

Options
I spent 8 years in the Army and have been working a desk job at a law firm for the last 6 years. I went from being super fit to gaining 50lbs. I just turned 34 on Dec 7th and would like to lose these 50lbs by my 35th birthday, 48 weeks from now. I've tried doing this a few times now but always fall off when I stop counting my calories. Need some MFP friends for some motivation and accountability!!! What do you all do to stay motivated and on track?

Replies

• owlfitness95
    owlfitness95 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    YEEEESSSS!!!! Love the spirit and desire to lose those extra pounds. Feel free to add me that way we can stay in touch through your journey. And I'll make sure to ask for updates :)
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You can do it! WHen I stop counting I too fall off. Lets do it!
  • AnnaZimm70
    AnnaZimm70 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem whenever I stop counting my calories. Lost my extra weight a few years back, then over the next 4 1/2 years its come back. I have about 40 lbs to lose. Just started tracking again. I think it is different for some people, but I'm best when I am being really disciplined - I am not good a just cheating a little bit! As an aside, I also work in a law office (ask for a standing desk, it's nice not to sit all day).
  • KerrieA87
    KerrieA87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you’re ready to commit, feel free to add me
  • songe121
    songe121 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service first and foremost. Feel free to add me I need to lose 50 lbs as well. I recently switched to a desk job as a RN so I’m trying to adjust to not running around as much. Feel free to keep in touch! We can do this ☺️