Wedding stuff - Hog Roast anyone? (UK)

Options
SunshineAndLove
SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
Hello, has anyone ever had a hog roast as their evening wedding food? We're considering it instead of a buffet and wondered what people thought if they had one at their wedding or went to a wedding where there was one.

It's a lot cheaper than the traditional buffet so we're a bit sceptical as to whether it's a good idea or not!

Thanks!

Replies

• Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    My friend had one for her wedding and it was awesome, buffett food is so boring same thing over and over again. She also had this keebab stand too where you could pick your meat chicken ect and have it on a skewer and they would cook it for you.
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    i think they're good fun.
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    We had one at our wedding. Let me tell you, I got more compliments like "this was the best food I have ever eaten at a wedding" than I can count! It was WONDERFUL!!!! One tip do not put the whole pig out for everyone to see. I went to one where the whole pig was on the table and people got pretty grossed out by it. I had people cut it up and pput it in big chaffing (sp) dishes so no one had to see it. We have a family friend who did it for us (which saved a ton of money) all he made us pay for was the meat. Then we had someone cater the rest of it, I found a resturant who made 3 side dishes for $3 a person which is dirt cheap!! Good luck and let me know if you need any more information!
    :smile:
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    CRACKLIN' IDEA!!! Pun intended ;)