Wanting to go vegan

Options
Hello, I am wanting to go vegan but I meal prep and don’t know where to start how much of the food should I be eating with each meal . On my diet I was eating 5 oz chicken breast and 2 cups of veggies for example ... please help

Replies

• StaminaX5
    StaminaX5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your old diet sounded healthy to me but if you want to go vegan eat plant based proteins such as oats beans tofu and quinoa and combine them because plant based proteins don't contain all essential amino acids.and eat plenty of veggies and fruit don't be like other vegans who exchange meat for sugar and highly processed junk foods which deteriorates their health even further.and do research on plant based proteins as their are more sources of proteins than what I've listed I understand not everybody likes oats and beans. And for God's sake leave the protein shakes alone especially plant based ones their not evaulated by the FDA and often contain heavy metals which build up in organs after being metabolized by the body .
  • StaminaX5
    StaminaX5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    And if you want help feel free to ask ill try my best to assist and good luck along your journey.😊
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Hi may I ask why you want to become Vegan? I am asking out of genuine curiosity. As from what I have read on other threads commiting to a Vegan lifestyle seems quite challenging. I gather you need to be well informed on all aspects, especially nutrition to ensure you are getting enough protein, vitamins and minerals.

There are a lot of very knowledgable Vegans on here so I am sure you can find the help and advice you need.

• arizonadesert3
    arizonadesert3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for more than 30 years. We (hubby and I) eat a variety of foods. Check out some of the vegetarian/vegan websites for nutrition information. The Vegetarian Resource Group (https://www.vrg.org/) is excellent as are any of the vegetarian organizations around the world. I had two motivations - good health and concern for animals. I've never had a nutritional deficiency.

Vegetarian Times is another resource: https://www.vegetariantimes.com/health-and-nutrition/8-foods-every-vegetarian-should-eat

We do use some of the frozen meatless products. We just like them and they are a source of protein.

All that said, when I changed my diet, I just looked for foods around me that I could eat while I added new items. I have always been healthy.

Good luck!
  • geeksrule
    geeksrule Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Fellow vegan (plant based really) here ... feel free to add me
  • josieclaire1
    josieclaire1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in a whole food plant based program check out Dr John Mcdougall’s website. It is brimming with scientific based information. This program is not vegan. His focus is on starches and vegetables. He has many books and cookbooks. I’m currently using the Mcdougall Quick and Easy Cookbook. It’s a great book with very easy low fat plant based recipes. It will help you get started on your new journey to health and weight loss. Friend me if you like.