Keto and Whole30

Options
I’m eating a keto diet because of my doctor’s recommendation. I’m also starting to do whole 30 too to help wean me off stevia and dairy. Anyone else doing whole 30 or keto? I’m looking for friends on this journey!

Replies

• robin49505
    robin49505 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Keto.....please add me!
  • fitneverquit
    fitneverquit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Added!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I’m eating a keto diet because of my doctor’s recommendation. I’m also starting to do whole 30 too to help wean me off stevia and dairy. Anyone else doing whole 30 or keto? I’m looking for friends on this journey!

Why are you trying to wean yourself off stevia and dairy? Too many changes too quickly normally results in people giving up too quickly because it is so hard to stick with.

psst, stevia is plant-based anyway so would easily fit into the whole 30 diet!
  • fitneverquit
    fitneverquit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

Why are you trying to wean yourself off stevia and dairy? Too many changes too quickly normally results in people giving up too quickly because it is so hard to stick with.

psst, stevia is plant-based anyway so would easily fit into the whole 30 diet!

Dairy causes some major digestive upset for me. Stevia isn’t whole 30 approved, no sweeteners are. I find that for me all or nothing works best. I’m less likely to give in to actual sugary sweets if anything sweet, caloric or not, is off limits. From experience I know that the moderation approach does not work for me.
  • lgt2015
    lgt2015 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I went to keto after 5 whole30's (so I don't do any sweeteners of any kind and dairy is really limited), but it all went out the window during Christmas so I need to get back on track. I'm starting Mark Sisson's Keto reset on the 7th. Feel free to add me!
  • Boymom_96
    Boymom_96 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me starting keto Saturday
  • sjkraus
    sjkraus Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I’m doing the Whole30! I just finished day 6 and am feeling pretty good. It’s always nice to share recipes and hold one another accountable. Feel free to add me!
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    sjkraus wrote: »

I’m doing the Whole30! I just finished day 6 and am feeling pretty good. It’s always nice to share recipes and hold one another accountable. Feel free to add me!

I started Whole30 on Jan 1! I hope you both are doing well!