What are your extra Fun goal weight rewards?

Options
I have lost 90 pounds, I have 60 more to go. I have been hyming and hawing about what kind of reward to get myself when I get there (other than self-confidence money can't buy) I was thinking a Tattoo but I wouldn't know what to get. But Now I'm thinking a Perfectly fitting (for my new size then) Hockey Jersey!. What are your rewards?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Cruises.

I lost weight between a trip to Europe where I puffed and panted my way around, and a cruise to Europe where I really enjoyed all the walking, hiking, etc and my body didn’t complain.

It was only a 30lbs weight loss but it was a 360 in fitness level, going from a couch potato to someone who went to the gym 6 days a week and did their first 10km.

That was a 2008 and 2009 vacation. I’ve been maintaining since then and my yearly trip, usually a cruise, keeps me going to the gym, etc so I can experience new things when I travel.

Of course keeping at a good weight and fitness level is really helping me grow old with grace (hahaha), but the perks of travel adventures really helps keep me focused.

(I didn’t start with trips as a reward. It took me a couple of years to realize that that was what really helped keep me in line)

Cheers, h.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I’m personally not into tattoos because I get sick of the pattern on my bedspread- no way could I look at the same image on my body day after day after day. That, and needles! (((Shudder))). So, as an alternative, I suggest for each X pounds lost, indulge in a spa day, a manicure, a concert or theatre performance, that sort of thing.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of hiking boots and some hiking pants.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    The reward that motivates me the most is getting to update my blog post after each major goal.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I’m planning on getting a tattoo. I have 28 more lbs to go. I still haven’t decided what I wanted but I’ve started to narrow it. I don’t think I’d be able to get to the tattoo artist I’d want to do the work until December anyway though so I have lots of time to decide. I’m a little worried I will chicken out because of the pain though! But I’ve been talking about wanting this for years.

I’m also excited about all the cute clothes I will get to buy!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I have some small goals (new make up brush, earrings, girl’s night out), and then a few bigger ones (new pans, and a new outfit) for the bigger milestones. I definitely like the rewards as an extra motivation to keep away from the snacks.
  • MrSJWinship
    MrSJWinship Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I’m planning on getting a tattoo. I have 28 more lbs to go. I still haven’t decided what I wanted but I’ve started to narrow it. I don’t think I’d be able to get to the tattoo artist I’d want to do the work until December anyway though so I have lots of time to decide. I’m a little worried I will chicken out because of the pain though! But I’ve been talking about wanting this for years.

I’m also excited about all the cute clothes I will get to buy!

Shopping in a mall for clothes will be fun other than a specialty store. Im with you on the Tattoo Kneedle though, im a wiener when it comes to pain lol
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal reward is a sleeve tattoo. I have 3 kids and want their Chinese zodiacs on my arm (dragon, ram, monkey) in a cutesy style. I also want other things on my arm to represent them, but I still have 60 to lose so I have plenty of time to think about it :)
    Other than that... /shrugs
    I guess new clothes, but that's not really a reward since it will be necessary.
  • FebruaryStar3
    FebruaryStar3 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would really like a new tattoo as well, so that will be my reward for reaching 50lbs :)

I have one honoring my late mother and one honoring our beloved schnauzer that passed, I would like one that represents life and not loss this time.
  • chaotikkaos
    chaotikkaos Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When I reach my ultimate goal, I am definitely getting a tattoo. I already designed it and planned where I want it so its more solid that and I have saved some clothes I absolutely love from when I was smaller that I can't wait to fit into again and possibly hopefully be too big for me. For smaller goals, it will be the ability to get rid of clothes I can no longer fit and create a new wardrobe.
  • Britknee231
    Britknee231 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd say and achievement that great (you already deserve a fantastic reward for yourself. seriously kudos!) You should get the jersey and a trip to see your team wearing it.

For myself I always say I'm going to get myself a tattoo when I hit a goal but then I decide I cant wait and get it before hand 😂 so I'll be treating myself with a vacation 🏝☀️
  • Avand17
    Avand17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A full sleeve tattoo. And a new leather jacket.
    What team's jersey are you going to get?
  • MrSJWinship
    Options
    Lutielu wrote: »
    Bahamas vacation. Where I will NOT be self conscious on the beach

Yes!! going shirtless in a tropical location has been a dream of mine for a long time.
  • MrSJWinship
    Options
    Avand17 wrote: »
    A full sleeve tattoo. And a new leather jacket.
    What team's jersey are you going to get?

Edmonton Oilers and Toronto Blue Jays. I could get one now, but it'll be too large when I hit my goal weight. And I'm cheap so buying 4 jerseys isn't something i want to do lol