fitness tracker?

Options
I'm looking into buying a fitness tracker and narrowed it down to Fitbit Versa, Garmin Vivomove hr, or Fitbit Charge 3. I was just wondering if any of you used those and have any comments/recommendations?

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Garmin.
    More rugged. Easier to read.
    I jumped into the deep end and went with the fenix 5X. I'm getting my wife the 5S or 5S Plus.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Garmin. It'll last longer, and probably have better data.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Garmin. It'll last longer, and probably have better data.

Went hiking with my wife for the first time since I got mine. The details in the reports on the Connect app are far more than other devices will give you.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    How important is workout data?

Do keep in mind that the Fenix devices these users have are top of the line Garmin devices. I concur that Garmin will generally last longer and I consider the Vivomove HR to be a very attractive watch. But it’s not a fully featured Garmin device. It has no GPS and only allows for minimal workout tracking. I imagine those features will be fine for many users-but the Vivomove HR won’t have the spectacular data of the high end devices.

I have both of the Fitbit devices you’ve listed and a multitude of Garmin devices (I use a Fenix 5s right now). The Fitbit devices are fine and will allow you to have GPS tracks for your outdoor activities, and allow you to track any activities that you wish. They will also probably last about a year.

The Garmin will last-and it’s beautiful-but it lacks the workout tracking features the Fitbits do have (sort of).

• _aenyeweddien_
    _aenyeweddien_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    How important is workout data?

Do keep in mind that the Fenix devices these users have are top of the line Garmin devices. I concur that Garmin will generally last longer and I consider the Vivomove HR to be a very attractive watch. But it’s not a fully featured Garmin device. It has no GPS and only allows for minimal workout tracking. I imagine those features will be fine for many users-but the Vivomove HR won’t have the spectacular data of the high end devices.

I have both of the Fitbit devices you’ve listed and a multitude of Garmin devices (I use a Fenix 5s right now). The Fitbit devices are fine and will allow you to have GPS tracks for your outdoor activities, and allow you to track any activities that you wish. They will also probably last about a year.

The Garmin will last-and it’s beautiful-but it lacks the workout tracking features the Fitbits do have (sort of).

Lack of GPS is not much of an issue, I'm a gym rat and hardly ever workout outside apart from walking to/from work in summertime. Obviously the more data the better - but Fenix is a bit too pricey. I know it's the least important thing while buying a fitness tracker, but I love the way Vivomove looks too - it goes so well with the clothes I have to wear in the office. What features does Fitbit have that Garmin doesn't? When I looked online there wasn't much apart from sleep tracking and women's health which I'm not too bothered about
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Fitbit has more of a social platform then Garmin. Garmin tries but doesn't seem to get as much traction.

I'd take the Vivoactive over the move, but use a Fenix 3. I'd want the added features that come with GPS.