F/T wkg mum looking for motivation!

Options
I'm 43, new here. Permanently on the go at work, being a mum or running the whole house (shopping/washing/bills/cars/ironing etc) andand disabled child and bone idle husband. Have gained so much weight with aging and stress eating/drinking. I'm exhausted with life.
Trying to sort myself out at last, lose weight and stop drinking when not necessary! Anybody else in a similar position?
Just want to get out of this hole and feel good again. Cutting calories and doing dry jan. Please add me as a friend if you like 😊

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    bone idle husband is the first thing to sort out.

then, work on logging your food, and creating a small deficit.
  • Thewaffle86
    Thewaffle86 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, new here. Permanently on the go at work, being a mum or running the whole house (shopping/washing/bills/cars/ironing etc) andand disabled child and bone idle husband. Have gained so much weight with aging and stress eating/drinking. I'm exhausted with life.
    Trying to sort myself out at last, lose weight and stop drinking when not necessary! Anybody else in a similar position?
    Just want to get out of this hole and feel good again. Cutting calories and doing dry jan. Please add me as a friend if you like 😊

Good luck! I have no idea how working Mum's do it and especially with a child with extra needs. Hats of to you and hope you get success!
  • Claire5520
    Claire5520 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi Meeker - I'll add you :-) I'm a full time working single mum of 2. Was relying a little too much on gin to get me through much of last year so am attempting a dry 2019. I do already exercise quite a bit and not excessively overweight but am definitely not where I want to be!