Wls fail

Options
Hello. I feel like a failure. Nov 2013 I had sleeve for weight loss. Started at 270. Got down to 184. Today 240. Not real happy with the choices I have made. I don’t eat right. I graze. Eat too much. Eat the wrong foods. I thought the surgery was a total win. I was going to lose weight and be happy forever. Well I was wrong. I have a very unhealthy relationship with food. I have turned to alcohol when I couldn’t eat. This is a big nono in the wls lifestyle. Well guess what!? Today I take back control. I hope I can defeat the monsters in my head. I and going to try very hard to be my own success story. I’m doin this for me. I want to get back to my smaller self. I will use my tool more wisely. And I will love and accept any support from you all that you would choose to give. ☺️

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
  • RNAmanda83
    RNAmanda83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You are not a failure, you have just had a minor setback! I am sending you a message. Good luck!
  • fallhiker
    fallhiker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    At 61 and having been a mental health nurse, most everyone have monsters we need to slay! I too have my own. Sometimes I feel sorry for myself regarding things from childhood forward, but thank God, I've decided to begin believing truths and not lies. I'm choosing joy for my life. My dad was an alcoholic and my hubby is an RN working with addictions. Liking wine
    Too much myself, I decided to not drink it routinely. However, I understand the desire for it, but also the hell that can come from it. All that said, we all have battles and need support. Please add me as a friend if you like.
  • fallhiker
    fallhiker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh, you aren't a fail....its called "life," and it's full of ups and downs. You are here and starting again....we all are!