P90X and knees

Options
mamax5
mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
Is thisbad on your knees and is there a lot of jumping? I can jump...but I can't do jumping jacks....TMI warning...jumping jacks make me feel like my bladder and uterus are going to fall out. I have to modify jumping jacks in order to do them.

Replies

• KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    If you haven't done them much definitely start modified and as your legs and knees get stronger and your body gets more used to jumping you can slowly make them a bit more intense. Before you know it you'll be jumping jack like a crazy person :)
  • akane1087
    Options
    My husband and I just started P90X.. there are some parts of the workout that require a lot of jumping for example plyometrics. As for your knees.. there are also some parts that might bother you there. I did the yoga dvd yesterday and it was messing with me knee. But if you can push through it and do some modified stuff i would do it! My husband and I used to workout 3 hours 7 days a week before i got pregnant. I was 118 the best shape id been in in my life and this is the closest video workout i have found that comes close to what we did! Its hard i have to admit but it will be worth it in the end!
  • richardw106
    Options
    The motto is: "Do your best, and forget the rest!"
    In time, you will be able to do more and more.
    You are able to modify pretty much any cardio movement in P90x.
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I actually had to stop after 2 months of P90x because the bursitis in my knees got so bad. Later I modified it and took out the Plyo and just added another cardio in the place of it.
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    At first I was going to PM this reply, but then I decided that there might be a few other younger women who experience the same problems. Many women after children have a weak pelvic floor which is why your bladder and uterus feel like they are going to fall out. While modifying your jumping exercises is fine, do kegal exercises as well. That is the best way to strengthen your pelvic floor post kiddies. Also, for anyone who experiences leaking while jumping or running or laughing or breathing, try Poise pads, they work great, aren't noticeable and allow you freedom of movement while exercising. Good Luck
  • Mattdemon
    Options
    I wouldn't do P90X.. If you want to modify and butcher the whole program, as long as you're giving an effort that's completely fine But I think there are a lot of other workouts that would be better, depending on your fitness level of course.

A lot of people buy P90X because the awesome infomercial and the whole ripped in 90 days deal. Great program and it's all true, but it's no picnic. I would say most people who purchase P90X find it's too hard for them to keep up with physically and end up quitting 2 weeks or a month into the program. (Then it becomes even harder to get back on)

There are other Beachbody programs that use a lot of the same moves in P90X and are a little less intense. Build yourself up for P90X and I promise you will be more satisfied in the end. It's actually what I'm doing at the moment. I'm doing Tony Hortons 10 minute trainer, its very similiar to P90X just 10 non stop minutes to hit all the good parts. You're not limited to 10 minutes either, you can do up to 3 videos a day. It's great. I'd recommend it to anybody of all fitness levels.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do P90X.. If you want to modify and butcher the whole program, as long as you're giving an effort that's completely fine But I think there are a lot of other workouts that would be better, depending on your fitness level of course.

A lot of people buy P90X because the awesome infomercial and the whole ripped in 90 days deal. Great program and it's all true, but it's no picnic. I would say most people who purchase P90X find it's too hard for them to keep up with physically and end up quitting 2 weeks or a month into the program. (Then it becomes even harder to get back on)

There are other Beachbody programs that use a lot of the same moves in P90X and are a little less intense. Build yourself up for P90X and I promise you will be more satisfied in the end. It's actually what I'm doing at the moment. I'm doing Tony Hortons 10 minute trainer, its very similiar to P90X just 10 non stop minutes to hit all the good parts. You're not limited to 10 minutes either, you can do up to 3 videos a day. It's great. I'd recommend it to anybody of all fitness levels.

I think I might look into the 10-mintue trainer....I want something that is going to kick my butt.....I don't want to modify everything, just jumping jacks....just wanted to know how hard it was on the knees. I may put it off for a while and try something a little less intence and work up to it. My fitness level is beginner and I feel it takes me forever to build stamina, but that's just me. But, I'm also stubborn about doing something to. I am doing the C25K and I was mad at myself for not being able to do the last run in week one, well that same day in the evening I tried it again and made it though the whole 30 mins. The thing with my knees is they bother me after about 5 or 6 squats and I wonder if it's just the extra weight. I have had injuries in both...but still, weight makes things worse!
  • yankeegurl
    Options
    P90X can be whatever YOU make it. Don't listen to anyone who says you can't/shouldn't do a workout program. If you are willing to give it a try & do your very best, why not?? If you have knee trouble, you will have to modify, yes, but you will still get an incredible workout. The infomercial is exciting & reels you in, but after 2 rounds (& starting week #4 of round #3 tomorrow) I can tell you that the first round was a mess but I DID IT. You can modify all you need to & keep getting better. That is what fitness is all about...getting to your own personal best every day.

With all of that said, 10 Minute Trainer is no slouch either. I have done this program as well & love it as an escape from the X occasionally & let's face it, it's super short & a ton of variety.

Have to agree w/Santiea on the Kegels & pads as well ~ don't be embarrassed, just do it. Good luck to you & keep us posted!!
  • Mattdemon
    Options
    Hey yankeegurl, go swim the atlantic ocean. I won't hold you back. Love the picture, btw.