Parent with toddlers, trying to lose weight!

Options
Hey everyone! Looking for some support as I reenergize my weight loss going into 2019!

Last year I lost a solid 20 lbs doing mfp and then switching to 16/8 intermittent fasting.

Wanting to lose 10 by end of March. I have two toddler boys, ages 3 and 5. Life is busy. Looking for support system that understands this.

Replies

• bmillikin11
    bmillikin11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Last year I also lost about 20 using mfp hoping to do the same - 20 by March and 35 total by July . I have a two year old and a 9 week old (both boys). The struggle is real...I’m with ya!
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I remember that age! I was healthier than I am now because I would “walk” them at a park with some other friends a few times a week, and it was hilly. I wore a backpack for when the younger needed a lift.
  • vetvicki
    vetvicki Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a 4yo and 2yo twins, I understand!! It's hard to take time to meal plan, meal prep, make meals. It's so easy to just grab junk food, finish the kids food and not make time for exercise.
    Time for me to make some changes. I got back to pre-baby weight a year ago then gained it back. I know it can be done!
  • jaguars2005r
    jaguars2005r Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies! I’ve found I’ve got to keep my goals small, short and reasonable for me to do this. Reach it then set next goal ya know?

My 3 yo is going through an awesome screaming phase right now.
  • bmillikin11
    bmillikin11 Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Sorry for the screaming...we have just entered that phase with my oldest. I think I hear “NOOOO MIIINE” on repeat in my nightmares. It’s 4 am and I’m up with the newest feeding him and trying to plan out my meals for the day. I go back to work Monday and I’m experimenting with dinners/leftovers that can be used for meal prepping so I don’t eat out once I’m back.
  • jaguars2005r
    jaguars2005r Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ugh yes that is the phase! I don’t miss the early mornings. Mine were both early risers but now typically sleeping in until 530ish. Still early imo lol but better that 4 am mornings!

Awesome with the prepping and meal planning. I think if I could do that better I would be more successful. I get overwhelmed and frustrated so quickly.
  • marilynlawlor
    marilynlawlor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Also looking for support and motivation. Have a 15 month old baby after a 22 year gap .... !!! Anyway, getting married in March and hoping that this will motivate my weight loss journey. I’ve been trying and failing for years and I want to be a success story in 2019!!
  • vetvicki
    Options
    I was hoping the early rising was just a phase!! One of the twins likes to get up at 5.30am. He wakes the other one who is like a bear with a sore head if he doesn't get enough sleep....
    Also going through lots of tantrums (bear with sore head twin the worst) and fights over toys. Such fun 🙄
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I'm a sahm. 3 kids. One is in school, but the other 2 are my boys at 3 & 2 and lordy....... stressful is not a strong enough word to describe how it is lol.
    Anywho, I've been doing keto now for 6 months and have lost 40lbs. I still have 60 more to lose and my new year resolution is to include exercise. It's going to be interesting trying to keep them out of the way while I try to get that done lol.
  • LovePositivity
    LovePositivity Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Looking for some support as I reenergize my weight loss going into 2019!

Last year I lost a solid 20 lbs doing mfp and then switching to 16/8 intermittent fasting.

Wanting to lose 10 by end of March. I have two toddler boys, ages 3 and 5. Life is busy. Looking for support system that understands this.

Good luck! I’ve got two daughters. 4 and my youngest is almost 2. I’m actually needing to lose 100lbs to even be in my ideal weight range. I keep thinking about Intermittent Fasting and always end up deciding against it for some reason.

I’ll be doing MFP 1900-2000 calories per day and possibly getting myself to do Intermittent Fasting. Fee free to add me!

• youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hey other toddler parents! I've got a 2 year old son and have been scheduling my workouts around what works best with his wake up times and nap times since he was born. I figure I could either force something on both of us or go with the flow and keep things a little more pleasant. He's my only child so I may not have it as rough as some of you with more than one but I'm here with you just the same 😊

I keep losing and regaining the same 5 lbs, which is about 5-10 lbs away from my goal weight. However, most of my struggles are work related-- too many snacks and chocolates in the office!
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    2 and 4 year old boys here. I'm finding it is actually helping my weight loss to join them rather than fight them when they are crazy full of energy. I toss kids music on and we have family dance parties in the living room, races/sprints in the hall way, and at bath time I let them play with toys and do push-ups and planks while holding onto the side of the tub.

My husband and I have also set up an every other day schedule where he takes the boys for an hour at night and I work out in the basement. Then I do the same for him the next day.
  • vetvicki
    Options
    Whilst it's not going to burn many calories, my boys LOVE doing a bit of yoga with me!

dechowj wrote: »
    2 and 4 year old boys here. I'm finding it is actually helping my weight loss to join them rather than fight them when they are crazy full of energy. I toss kids music on and we have family dance parties in the living room, races/sprints in the hall way, and at bath time I let them play with toys and do push-ups and planks while holding onto the side of the tub.

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I have a 1.5 year old boy. Small goals definitely work best for me right since life and schedules are ever-changing with him.