Easy recipes for weight loss??

Options
I am 24 years old, and I have gained a tremendous amount of weight in just a few months. It's time for a change. I work 50 hrs a week and I'm in school full time. I need recipes that are easy and realistic for someone like me who's on the go with hardly any time, but that will still help me lose weight. Thanks!

Replies

• m75208
    m75208 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Orgain Protein shakes - plant based protein, tastes good . Easy to keep in backpack or desk. Filling so aren’t tempted to fill up on junk. Could be meal replacement or tide you over until get meal. Those protein packs with nuts and cheese are also good to carry with you.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Weight loss comes down to calories. Recipes that will help with weight loss are ones that you enjoy and keep you reasonably filled up at the right amount of calories. I lost weight eating pretty much the same foods I had always been eating, I just changed portion sizes and for some treat foods I ate them less often.

If you are eating at the right calorie level but are struggling with hunger, make sure you are getting enough protein, fat, and fiber. Bulking up meals with veggies and avoiding calories from beverages whenever possible can help. Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum. And you might find some good ideas in the Recipe forum. Good luck!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/recipes/quick/

https://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy-recipes

For quick meals invest in a crock pot. In the morning - throw in chicken breasts, a jar or salsa and taco seasoning. Shred chicken when you get home for tacos, burritos, taco salad, etc.

I make at least one soup/stew on the weekends and freeze individual bowls for lunch.

I always have a couple Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine meals in the freezer, also frozen veggie packs. Store bought freezer meals are higher sodium (and need more veggies) but it beats the heck out of most fast food meals.

Stir fries are super quick: https://www.cooksmarts.com/articles/guide-to-stir-frying/
    The variety is endless.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Chicken and rice my cheap, quick, and easy go-to. I’ll usually add a bit of Sriracha or chili garlic sauce for some extra flavor/spicyness. It’s not especially interesting or fun but it’s simple and easy and easy to figure out the calories too.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is to throw some chicken breasts into my crock pot with a jar of green salsa. When I get home from work, shred the breasts. Throw in a tortilla, or on a salad, or whatever. Yum!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
    I make the same things I always have. The only difference is now, I weigh and log all of it. Use the recipe builder for things with multiple ingredients/servings. Learn how to prep and cook ahead. Almost all my dinners are in the recipe builder, makes it nice and easy.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Cooking stuff in batch (soup/stew/chili) and then just microwaving a bowl of it later is the quickest and easiest for me. (Generally in either the electric pressure cooker or crockpot/slowcooker).