Newbie! 53 & need to lose 15-20 lbs ...

Options
Looking to get healthy. I have a very sedentary job but its mentally draining so when I get home, I'm just beat. Looking for people to motivate me away from the couch for at least 30 mins 4x a week. Basically I need to MOVE. I've stopped & started sooooo many times & I hate the gym. Hard part is having a restaurant in the bldg where I work, makes temptation incredibly difficult & we only get a 30 min lunch. I can walk @ lunch but that means no time for actual lunch. Sorry if I'm whining.. I'm currently 153, looking to get to under 140 at least, goal of 135, current size a 10-12, wanting to get into an comfortable 8. Oh & I'm 5'3, post menopausal

Replies

• lovefurbabies
    lovefurbabies Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I’m in the same boat you’re in. Perhaps we could be weight loss buddies. I’m trying so hard but I have been so unsuccessful. It seems like the harder I try the more weight I gain. I’m at 180 I’ve got a lot of weight to lose. Looking for emotional support. I’m not a coach but I could be a friend with the same goals perhaps we could help each other.
  • vetvicki
    vetvicki Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not a fan of exercise either and I find it difficult to fit in a full session. I've found that even just doing 5 minutes of squats/lunges/high kicks is still better than nothing and gives me a bit of energy to do more at other times. I sometimes do it when bathing the kids or brushing my teeth. Maybe that would work for you too?
  • CharliesGram
    CharliesGram Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I’m in the same boat you’re in. Perhaps we could be weight loss buddies. I’m trying so hard but I have been so unsuccessful. It seems like the harder I try the more weight I gain. I’m at 180 I’ve got a lot of weight to lose. Looking for emotional support. I’m not a coach but I could be a friend with the same goals perhaps we could help each other.

Absolutely! We can root for each other!! Can’t wait for it to lighten up outside & Im looking for a 2nd hand treadmill. I just need to MOVE! But the last couple of days I’ve been getting out & walking during lunch & break. That’s a good 40 mins, which for me is about 2 miles. Better then nothing. And it makes me feel good!
  • yourpizzagal
    yourpizzagal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We've definitely got a bit in common. Adding you to my team!
  • ahale160
    ahale160 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a newbie, I have been here before. I am 53 years old. A few years ago I was able to go from 270 to 209. Sadly I am back at 250 and needed to start fresh again. So I deleted my old and started over. I do low carb with a co-worker and my husband. It worked before so I just need to get back on the horse and stay on. Need it to be a life style and not just a diet. I only get about 5000 steps in at work since I mostly sit in my classroom most of the day. So I really need to start walking again too.
  • CharliesGram
    Options
    Yay! Why the hell cant I find Pizza Hut on here?! Just a regular cheese slice w/ legit 1 meatball?! Ugh!
  • CharliesGram
    Options
    ahale160, I've been on & off MFP for YEARS & here I am yet again! I need to get a newer fitbit & just keep moving! We got this!
  • Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    @CharliesGram you can do this!!! If you fall off the wagon, just get back on and remember why you started this journey. When eating lunch, just make good choices. YOU GOT THIS!!!!
  • CharliesGram
    Options
    I got this! I’m eating higher fiber, lower carbs & I feel full! But this says I’m not eating enough 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m just not eating crap all the time. I don’t get it
  • FitBeardedJourney
    FitBeardedJourney Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Looking to get healthy. I have a very sedentary job but its mentally draining so when I get home, I'm just beat. Looking for people to motivate me away from the couch for at least 30 mins 4x a week. Basically I need to MOVE. I've stopped & started sooooo many times & I hate the gym. Hard part is having a restaurant in the bldg where I work, makes temptation incredibly difficult & we only get a 30 min lunch. I can walk @ lunch but that means no time for actual lunch. Sorry if I'm whining.. I'm currently 153, looking to get to under 140 at least, goal of 135, current size a 10-12, wanting to get into an comfortable 8. Oh & I'm 5'3, post menopausal

Welcome! Like anything it takes time, glad you're here. What has worked for me is intermittent fasting and meal prep, every Sunday I make my meals for the week and take them to work so I know I have no excuse. helps with accountability. You got this!
  • CharliesGram
    Options
    I’m weary of food prep because I just can’t eat the same thing all the time. Although I am interested in intermittent fasting. Tell me more! Oh & cleaning out my garage today for 3 hrs counts as exercise right?! Wish I could log it. Gonna be hurtin for certain tomorrow