Weight loss...Me too movement!

Options
So the first of the year has come and gone. Plans to go grocery shopping, start my journal, eat healthy, go to the gym, get up early and use the elliptical machine are slowly being pushed to next Sunday the 6th maybe even Monday. I know what I need to do but cannot get a grip on it. Who else having issues getting started?

Replies

• skstuddard
    skstuddard Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me too. its like I almost do not know where to even start. I want to change so much.
  • natalie3431
    natalie3431 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My daughter introduced me to MyFitness Plan. I have so much weight to lose, but I can not focus on the amount I have to loose. I am focusing on one task at a time and becoming healthy. On this program is a 19 day plan and it has helped me tremdously. It helps you start a goal at a time.
  • Christinathisyear
    Options
    Lost 40 lbs in 6 months last year, but have gained about 15 back. Started mfp again yesterday, and going to the gym. Determined to do better this year! Can't figure out how to add anyone... but feel free to add me. Best of luck on your journey. It gets easier after the first week.
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    Options
    You are not alone. I too am struggling with getting back motivated. But don't give up, each day make a choice to do positive things to get back fully taking care of what you need to.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    As others have said, trying to flip a switch and make a wholesale shift in how you go about your daily life is why so many users struggle with consistency (or getting started in the first place). Don't chase this idea of an optimal scenario over incremental improvements. You don't have to be perfect (it's highly likely you won't be all the time), just try to continuously improve. When you feel like you've failed at an aspect, don't mindlessly hit the reset button, examine what went wrong and figure out what to do differently so you fail better the next time. I've found the most success ditching the mindset of a binary path (on/off, good/bad, behaving/misbehaving, etc.) and think of it as an iterative, continuous process; there's no start or finish, only continuous improvement. Taking this approach does remove the glistening promise of completing a goal, but it also removes the pressure of being "on"/"good" etc. Each choice either does or doesn't contribute to improvement and ultimate success, make more choices that have positive impacts than not and you'll eventually get to where you want to be.

Don't wait for an arbitrary date or day, by that logic you missed out on starting your new years' resolutions so you might as well just wait until next year... or 2025, that's a nice round number... see? It doesn't make sense to do that.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great support!!!!!
  • saraereyes
    saraereyes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I kinda dived back into the gym on the 1st of January. All of November and December I kept saying I’ll go to the gym tomorrow... next day I’ll go tomorrow. Next thing u know it’s New Years and I went maybe once in December. So I dived in. Didn’t think about it just packed my gym back and went. Today is day 3 for me and I feel great. I want everyone to have that feeling of success 🥰 “yesss I did it and in going to be a rock star”. You got this love.

Just ini mini mint moe.
  • Slider678
    Slider678 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 1 for me....Could use the support! So far so good...Heading to the park to walk!
  • Miariasou716
    Miariasou716 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help and awesome suggestions! I appreciate you taking the time to give me some insight about this challenge I am having. We can do this together!
  • memebrowns
    memebrowns Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m new here & also in need of motivation. I also jumped on the bandwagon of new year = eat healthy, loose weight, go gym, spend less, stop smoking! Finding it hard but am taking 1 day at a time. Have never ‘logged food/calories before so am giving it a try and forced myself to go gym today after saying ‘I’ll go tomorrow’ for the last 4 months! 🤦🏽‍♀️ but yeah I think to start with just choose 1 thing to accomplish per day, weather it’s going to gym/exercise or just choosing a healthier option to eat. Feel free to add me, I’m not sure how to.
  • Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I echo the other comments of 'one thing at a time'. If you try changing too much at once chances are you'll get overwhelmed.

I started by logging my food. Then added some meal planning. Then trying to walk some more etc. Little steps until it becomes part of your usual routine so you don't have to think about it as much.