Disabled Marine getting back into it!

Options
Hello all, I broke my back a few years ago in the Marine Corps. It happened gradually, but the weight definitely crept up on me. This will be the year that I (Safely) step up and get back to my fighting weight. I would love to hear from anyone bouncing back from an injury or even other disabled Veterans.

Replies

• Katttie89
    Katttie89 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Im not getting over any injuries I just wanted to wish you luck on your journey. Hope you get to where you want to be :smile:
  • sherrilew
    sherrilew Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am not recovering from an injury, but I have Osteoarthritis. It is a painful struggle every day. I know that getting the weight off will go a long way in reducing the pain. Good luck in your journey and thank you so much for your service.
  • Guard_Dog
    Guard_Dog Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service and your sacrifice! You got this!!
  • riggott213
    riggott213 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @Cathianne89, thank you so much. @sherrilew, it really is a struggle, I had a spinal fusion so my biggest goal is the lose around 70 pounds and strengthen my back. It's scary doing basic compound lifts because the back is the body's pillar. I'm hoping to ease back into it and get stronger. @Gaurd_Dog, I appreciate it brother, you as well.
  • Katttie89
    Katttie89 Posts: 119 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @riggott213 you'll get there theres no rush :smile: I bet it is scary but been a marine you'll have the mindset and determination for it. You'll smash it I'm sure! Just stay positive!
  • petethegamer01
    petethegamer01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Although not an injury I do suffer from bouts of sciatica which can heavily restrict my walking and exercise but some very good physio exercises do the trick.
    Just wanted to say welcome aboard.