COLD BREW ICED COFFEE

Options
NewVonnie
NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
Hey all!!! So, everyone I give this recipe, or actually method to, seems to love it, so I figured I'd share.

Why brew iced coffee cold, you ask? Because without the heat, you have the perfect smooth wonderful coffee flavor with no bitterness. It also is the perfectly easy and simple. You can make a lot or a little and it keeps well in the fridge for days.

You will need a big bowl, a colander, a pitcher, and a couple paper towels.

For every half a gallon of water you need about 6 ounces of coffee grinds. The great thing about this is that when finished if its too strong for you, you can just add water.

1. Put water and grinds in a big bowl and stir really well.
2.Cover with whatever and let sit on the counter for 12 hours or so. if it goes longer..no worries.
3.Line your colander with a paper towel and pour a bit of coffee at a time in and let drain either into another bowl or the pitcher. You may need to change the paper towel if you make a lot..it can get clogged with grinds after a while.
4. Put in the fridge and do what you want with it..LOL..add stuff or dont.
5 Drink up and enjoy!!!! YUM :drinker:

:wink: :happy: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Sounds easy....what drinks do you do with coffee ...recipes please :flowerforyou:
  • goodme02
    goodme02 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I often buy iced coffee from McDonalds in the mornings before work, so I will try this instead! Should save me some $!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Sounds easy....what drinks do you do with coffee ...recipes please :flowerforyou:

Well I feel like V.I.P. since you PM'd this to me a few days ago Vonny Bear!

2youngatheart, I've been putting Almond Joy creamer and Hershey Syrup in mine. If that's not sweet enough I'll add a splash of stevia.
  • Padonie
    Padonie Posts: 2
    Options
    Mmmm, makes me want to visit Starbuck's for a skinny iced latte! :-) Thanks for sharing - I'm definitely going to try this - much cheaper than visiting Starbuck's every few days! LOL
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    Uh, Hiles, she PM'd it to me too, so let me take you down a notch! Love ya, though!!
  • Gigi_licious
    Options
    Uh, Hiles, she PM'd it to me too, so let me take you down a notch! Love ya, though!!

Um, NC, that was ME that PM'd it to you! Still a little drunk honey? Lol
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add that, if you have a coffee press, you can do this is smaller batches and let it "brew" overnight in the fridge so it's icy cold when you wake up in the morning. Been cold brewing coffee for 15 years and it's probably the best tasting iced coffee I've ever had in my life.

Thanks Von for sharing with everyone. :D
  • NewVonnie
    Options
    Just wanted to add that, if you have a coffee press, you can do this is smaller batches and let it "brew" overnight in the fridge so it's icy cold when you wake up in the morning. Been cold brewing coffee for 15 years and it's probably the best tasting iced coffee I've ever had in my life.

Fantastic tip!!! Thanks!! Haha, I would do that too if I didnt need like..a gallon a week for us..LOL :flowerforyou:
  • fmramey
    fmramey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i'm going to try that! Thanks..
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options

YUP. Still trashed. Either that, or I'm seriously having a blonde moment!! MY BAD, sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gigi_licious
    Options

YUP. Still trashed. Either that, or I'm seriously having a blonde moment!! MY BAD, sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still love ya!
  • jennchenprice
    jennchenprice Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is fabulous and I have a coffe press at home. I just started loving iced coffee but hate paying for it at starbucks! Thank YOu
  • NewVonnie
    Options
    This is fabulous and I have a coffe press at home. I just started loving iced coffee but hate paying for it at starbucks! Thank YOu

You're welcome! I hope you like it :smile:
  • nh18
    nh18 Posts: 5
    Options
    Here's my iced coffee drink recipe that I make....
    ! cup skim milk
    2-3 tsp instant coffee granules
    1 packet Sweet and Low (or sugar/honey to taste)
    Optional: 1 tsp cocoa powder or sugar-free chocolate syrup, vanilla extract, or any other flavorings
    5 or 6 ice cubes (more or less depending on iciness you like)

Blend all ingredients in except ice in blender until well blended. Add ice, blend til icy.

I love it!! Change it up and experiment!
  • jennfer71
    jennfer71 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    MMMM....yummy! Thanks for sharing!! :drinker:
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Thanks for linking me, Von. I'm SO going to try this!!! <3 you!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options

I drink coffee with coffee.
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Frostygurl you are looking good. Thanks for the coffee recipe - I love iced coffee, especially in the summertime.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

2youngatheart, I've been putting Almond Joy creamer and Hershey Syrup in mine. If that's not sweet enough I'll add a splash of stevia.

I do the same thing. Lately I've been trying all the different holiday creamers too. I'm not a big fan of hot coffee but I keep a pitcher of cold coffee in the fridge at all times.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    2.Cover with whatever and let sit on the counter for 12 hours or so. if it goes longer..no worries.

Wait... making coffee 12 hours in advance?? I don't have those sorts of planning skills... lol!!

I always just brew it at double strength, and then pour it over a (plastic) cup full of ice... ready in 5 mins. :bigsmile:

(Be sure to add sugar before you put it over the ice, because otherwise it won't dissolve!)