Starting Weight

Options
Hello!! I was wondering how most of you list your starting weight on MFP? I put what mine was when I started on here, but technically I was 8-10lbs heavier than that when I started trying to lose weight before I discovered MFP. Did you all list your true start weight or the weight you were when you joined MFP? Let me know. Thanks!! : )

Replies

• kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I used the weight I was the day I started MFP.
  • mentalbeat
    mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    the weight as I started MFP is what I logged though I had already lost 12 lbs before starting MFP. Then I had an official start date and called that day1
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I figured that would make the most sense. Thanks!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    i put in what i weighed when i started MFP. it still makes me feel a little grouchy when i see my ticker reads "6 pounds lost" when from my top weight it's actually 10-15 more. but i think i will care less and less as i loose more and more.
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i put in what i weighed when i started MFP. it still makes me feel a little grouchy when i see my ticker reads "6 pounds lost" when from my top weight it's actually 10-15 more. but i think i will care less and less as i loose more and more.

I agree! I am looking at it and a little irritated because I have lost more like 17 lbs or so, but as long as I know that that's all that matters in the end I guess.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I had started counting calories a week before I found the MFP app for my phone. I put in an entry with the starting date and weight of the program. It's only a couple of pounds, but it's a true reflection of where I started vs where I'm at now.
  • Cosmic_Unicorn
    Cosmic_Unicorn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I lost 15ish pounds before I started. At first I used my MFP starting weight on my ticker, but I found it more encouraging to use my original starting weight so I changed it.

PS you can change it on your ticker by editing your check-ins and adding one dating to before your first REAL MFP check-in.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I used the weight on the day I started MFP. But now wished I had used my initial higher weight, then immediately updated it to the then current weight. Minor thing though.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I put my original starting weight before I joined mfp....it was only a few pounds but wanted the extra encouragement!!!
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    The weight i was when i signed up for MFP! didnt loose any weight before,actually was gaining a few lbs:(