Over 50 but feeling like 40

Options
Hello everyone ! I thought I would try a group and this one seemed to be worth a try . I'm a male over 50 feeling 40ish , lol ! I workout often and I'm learning to be alone , so to speak. I'm a widower and my children are grown and gone . How about you ; what's your story

Replies

• Rogersfit1
    Rogersfit1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I’m 54 but feel 30something as I’m surrounded by people that age. It has an effect lol.
    I’m still working out lots but like you my kids are grown and almost all gone so it’s just me and the wife. Hopefully you’ll make friends on here to help with being alone .
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm 1000.
  • BlanchettePaul7395
    Options
    Lol ! Thats young !
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    64 but feel like 62.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    64 but feel like 62.

.... and you don't look a day over 63.

remember folks, tip your waitress !
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    53 feel like 40 on good days. Most other days i feel 45..lol...I feel lucky.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    64 but feel like 62.

Honest @TheRoadDog LoL

A month from today I will be 71 on Super Bowl Sunday. I know I feel better than when I weighed 376 in January 2013. Current Weight today was 178 at my WW meeting.

Changed my Lifestyle and lost weight so I must feel younger I guess?
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    64 but feel like 62.

Honest @TheRoadDog LoL

A month from today I will be 71 on Super Bowl Sunday. I know I feel better than when I weighed 376 in January 2013. Current Weight today was 178 at my WW meeting.

Changed my Lifestyle and lost weight so I must feel younger I guess?

You're amazing!!! You lost a whole other you + some!!! Well done! My Dad was a really big guy in all ways but because his belly was one of them we lost him a month after he turned 60....he would always say you don't see many heavy older people...I wish everyday he listened, glad you did!😘🤗 ....I hate to say my age but he was 10 yrs older than I and I'm gonna listen too😘
  • BlanchettePaul7395
    Options
    That's amazing !! Obviously you know the meaning of accountability 😉
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I'm not 50 yet, but will hit that milestone this summer. I still have kids at home...the youngest is 9...so I guess that keeps me feeling younger (plus, trying to keep up with the other moms who are a decade or more younger than I am).

I remember back when I was in my mid 20s, going to the gym and seeing women in their 40s working out, and wondering whether I would still be dragging my butt to the gym when I was there age. Now when I see women in their 60s or 70s at the gym I can't imagine that I won't be like them in a decade or two.