Why ME!!!!

Options
How is that i can eat all day. I can eat everything good & healthy yet, i still didn't even use all my calories. I still have over 1000 to do ugh this *kitten* is so confusing. i was so happy & proud of myself only to be disappointed. how can i eat all day long and get all my calories in take.

Does anyone else feel this way. please tell me im not alone...

Replies

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You don’t have to have this experience.

Have you tried using the database to look up calories of foods and PLAN your day’s meals ahead of time?
    It doesn’t take a lot of time. You know what is in the pantry/fridge - figure out how much of what you need to eat.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense foods if you're having trouble getting enough calories in: whole milk, peanut butter, olive oil, avocado, butter, ice cream, etc.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Also, make sure that you’re weighing your food and using accurate entries for logging. There’s a lot of wrong entries that will give you inaccurate calorie totals, and it’s very hard to estimate portions as well. You may be eating the correct amount, but don’t know it because your logging is off.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    prelogging your food is a big help in this way. For example if you like the same breakfast then pop it in for a week at a time. If you are only using 200 calories then, you might want to add something else in to up that breakfast. Maybe have a snack or two. Nuts are great for snacks, a great fat, and will add calories. Really sounds like you need to do some planning so you do not get caught. It will get easier.
  • ErickGuzman
    ErickGuzman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You’re not alone , I’ve had that problem until I started to add carbs.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Sandi5608 wrote: »
    How is that i can eat all day. I can eat everything good & healthy yet, i still didn't even use all my calories. I still have over 1000 to do ugh this *kitten* is so confusing. i was so happy & proud of myself only to be disappointed. how can i eat all day long and get all my calories in take.

Does anyone else feel this way. please tell me im not alone...

You've been eating all day and still have over 1000 cals to go? Nope, sorry, makes no sense. Either your calculations on the calories you're consuming are way, way off or your calorie goal is way, way high.

Not necessarily... this is a common problem with new ones. Sure the exact numbers may be a little off, but even when someone starts with a high calorie allowance due to their stats, if they completely change the way they eat and limit themselves to only "healthy" foods, that can do a number on their digestive system and leave them not feeling very hungry (or just not wanting more kale & broccoli... and who could blame them ;) ). Or they may just be telling themselves that, but it happens.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    While there have been members who at various points had trouble eating all their calories, 1000 fewer is extreme. especially if you say you eat all day

But if you have trouble eating enough calories, look at foods that are calorie dense. doesn`t take many almonds or PB tor full fat yogurt or oil.

but i`d make sure you are properly weighing and logging your food (using correct entries) as it would be unlikely that you are under-eating by that much and eating all day. short of eating only celeri and cucumber. If you want you can open your diary and we could look and give more specific pointers.

here is a long list of calorie dense foods. this means you get a ton of calories for the least amount of volume.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I'll take your extra!😁