20s, 30s, 40s Thread

Options
ee2368
ee2368 Posts: 86 Member
edited January 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hiya! Let’s get a thread going for this age range. Answer the following to get acquainted. Also, let’s be friends! Join the group at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/130249-20s-30s-and-40s

1. Favorite meal of the day
2. Favorite workout
3. Goals for 2019
4. Do you prefer the gym or outdoors?
5. Must-Have snack
6. Go-to place to shop for food
7. Go-to Place to find workout clothes

Here are mine:
1. Brunch
2. Anything with kettlebells
3. Drop 50 pounds
4. Hmhm, it really depends on the day for me, but I’ll say gym. It’s motivating to see other people working towards their goals.
5. Anything with peanut butter
6. Trader Joe’s!
7. Target, Nordstrom Rack

Can’t wait to meet ya!

Replies

• katia10135
    katia10135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1. Favorite Meal of the day: Avocado Mashed Toast with 22 Grain and Seeds bread with an Over Easy egg on top and sprinkle of everything seeds and a raw chile serrano to add some spice in my life.
    2. Cycling HIIT workout
    3. Gym
    4. Hard boiled egg
    5. Stater Bros--girl on a budget
    6. Depends on the sale lol
  • katia10135
    katia10135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Shoot for my Goals of 2019: To be more present with family and friends and rekindle old friendships. I am a homebody so if people would invite me I would last minute back out. NOT this year.
  • StefanieBerger88
    StefanieBerger88 Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    1. Favorite meal of the day: Not sure really. I love cooking and love trying new things.
    2. Favorite workout: yoga or running (well walking now since I’ve gained so much weight)
    3. Goals for 2019: to be healthy again.
    4. Do you prefer the gym or outdoors? Both, I live in Colorado so there are so many good hiking trails but sometimes it’s too cold for that.
    5. Must-Have snack: I don’t really snack much but maybe a light salad if I’m super hungry.
    6. Go-to place to shop for food: Safeway
    7. Go-to Place to find workout clothes: Kohls! I love their tek gear clothing line.

Also, feel free to add me as a friend! I plan on being here regularly.
  • pnst84ever
    pnst84ever Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    1. Favorite meal of the day - lunch
    2. Favorite workout - walking
    3. Goals for 2019 - 5k with my daughter
    4. Do you prefer the gym or outdoors? Outdoors
    5. Must-Have snack - beef jerky
    6. Go-to place to shop for food - aldis
    7. Go-to Place to find workout clothes - Walmart

I have a milestone birthday this year and am determined to be healthier. Lots of lifestyle changes.
  • Beastchewy15
    Beastchewy15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1. Dinner
    2. Playing sports
    3. Be more fit
    4. Outdoors
    5. Not really a snacker
    6. Costco
    7. Target
  • sadielouaird
    sadielouaird Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Sadie 27 from Cornwall England :)
    1. Favorite meal of the day: Dinner
    2. Favorite workout: Swimming or my XTrainer
    3. Goals for 2019: Get back to a healthy weight and be more active
    4. Do you prefer the gym or outdoors? outdoors or swimming pool
    5. Must-Have snack Banana or a chocolate digestive
    6. Go-to place to shop for food: Tesco or
    7. Go-to Place to find workout clothes: Primark
  • ee2368
    Options
    katia10135 wrote: »
    1. Favorite Meal of the day: Avocado Mashed Toast with 22 Grain and Seeds bread with an Over Easy egg on top and sprinkle of everything seeds and a raw chile serrano to add some spice in my life.
    2. Cycling HIIT workout
    3. Gym
    4. Hard boiled egg
    5. Stater Bros--girl on a budget
    6. Depends on the sale lol

You’re on top of it! How often do you do the cycling HIIT workout?
  • ee2368
    Options
    katia10135 wrote: »
    Shoot for my Goals of 2019: To be more present with family and friends and rekindle old friendships. I am a homebody so if people would invite me I would last minute back out. NOT this year.

That’s an excellent goal. I tend to be lenient on keeping in touch with people.
  • HarryJamesPotter7
    HarryJamesPotter7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    1. Favorite meal of the day is breakfast! I have some Kashi Go Lean & soy milk & of course, coffee!! Gets my day started right, every time! (:
    2. So far, I've lost over 100 lbs! My favorite workout of all time is Leslie Sansone's "Walk At Home" DVDs! I have really bad social anxiety, so it's really difficult for me to go to the gym. Leslie is SO positive & sweet & she makes the workouts so much fun! I usually do the entire DVD in one day! I've become so addicted to endorphins!!
    3. My goal for 2019 is to build my endurance and strength! I lost the weight, now I want to tone!
    4. I prefer to workout at home! (:
    5. My favorite snack is broccoli with ranch!
    6. I love to do "pick up" orders at Walmart so I can take my time & pick out stuff on the Walmart app!
    7. I usually pick workout clothes & stuff up on Amazon.com! I love online shopping!!

• ee2368
    Options
    1. Favorite meal of the day is breakfast! I have some Kashi Go Lean & soy milk & of course, coffee!! Gets my day started right, every time! (:
    2. So far, I've lost over 100 lbs! My favorite workout of all time is Leslie Sansone's "Walk At Home" DVDs! I have really bad social anxiety, so it's really difficult for me to go to the gym. Leslie is SO positive & sweet & she makes the workouts so much fun! I usually do the entire DVD in one day! I've become so addicted to endorphins!!
    3. My goal for 2019 is to build my endurance and strength! I lost the weight, now I want to tone!
    4. I prefer to workout at home! (:
    5. My favorite snack is broccoli with ranch!
    6. I love to do "pick up" orders at Walmart so I can take my time & pick out stuff on the Walmart app!
    7. I usually pick workout clothes & stuff up on Amazon.com! I love online shopping!!

Congrats for dropping 100 pounds! Yeah, the gym can be intimidating and I can imagine the social anxiety doesn’t help. I wish I had a home gym. Definitely one of my goals for later on! Yes, Amazon is great! I’m waiting on some meal prep stuff I ordered 👍🏼😁
  • ee2368
    Options
    pnst84ever wrote: »
    1. Favorite meal of the day - lunch
    2. Favorite workout - walking
    3. Goals for 2019 - 5k with my daughter
    4. Do you prefer the gym or outdoors? Outdoors
    5. Must-Have snack - beef jerky
    6. Go-to place to shop for food - aldis
    7. Go-to Place to find workout clothes - Walmart

I have a milestone birthday this year and am determined to be healthier. Lots of lifestyle changes.

The 5k sounds like a great idea! I’m motivated now 😊
  • ee2368
    Options
    1. Dinner
    2. Playing sports
    3. Be more fit
    4. Outdoors
    5. Not really a snacker
    6. Costco
    7. Target

I’m definitely a Target fan for sure! Not a snacker? Ok, I won’t judge that much lol. 😂
  • Beastchewy15
    Beastchewy15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ee2368 wrote: »
    1. Dinner
    2. Playing sports
    3. Be more fit
    4. Outdoors
    5. Not really a snacker
    6. Costco
    7. Target

I’m definitely a Target fan for sure! Not a snacker? Ok, I won’t judge that much lol. 😂

I like to eat a whole other meal when I snack that’s my problem lol
  • autumnIeaves
    autumnIeaves Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1. Favorite meal of the day would be breakfast, I just really love breakfast food.
    2. Favorite workout is the elliptical, I like that it burns a lot of calories and it doesn’t hurt my joints the way the treadmill sometimes does.
    3. Goals for 2019 are to lose weight (how original haha) and to be wiser about spending money.
    4. I enjoy being outside but I prefer working out in the gym, I like listening to audiobooks while I workout.
    5. Must-Have snack would be popcorn and tangerines (not at the same time)
    6. Go-to place to shop for food is lidl or aldi, those bargains!
    7. Go-to Place to find workout clothes is Torrid, but they can get expensive so I try to shop clearance.
  • ashleyseestars
    ashleyseestars Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1. Favorite meal of the day:Bigtime Food lover here so hard for me to decide. It be lunch or dinner feed me Sushi🙈
    2. Favorite workout: power walking bike path
    3. Goals for 2019: lose 50lbs im short and deff way over what i should be
    4. Do you prefer the gym or outdoors? Winter gym for sure but all other seasons I'll be on the bike path
    5. Must-Have snack: Fruit so love blueberries ...😍
    6. Go-to place to shop for food:Aldi ..& price-rite but my fave is Daves Market
    7. Go-to Place to find workout clothes:Online shopper so i go on poshmark .&..Mercari
  • thompsjared
    thompsjared Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1. Dinner! What’s better than coming home after a long day of work to a relaxing hot dinner???
    2. Squats that make the booty pop!
    3. Fitness goal is get to my goal weight - 40 more lbs!!
    4. Outdoors hands down yo. Unless it’s snowy than the gym.
    5. Beef jerky!
    6. Trader Joe’s when it’s available other than that, grocery store will do.
    7. Nike and adidas website-clearance sections. I’m cheap as fudge.