Help a girl out. What are your favorite meal replacement shakes/bars?

2»

Replies

• whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    It's not a meal replacement, but I like the Evolve protein shakes. I have that with coffee in the morning, and it tastes just like a chocolate iced mocha, without all the added sugar (compared to like Starbucks) and they're dairy-free. They taste just like the Premier Protein shakes, so if you can have dairy, I would choose those. Premier Protein is lower in sugar and calories, but I can't have too much milk protein, so I have these instead.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Not a meal replacement but I like the peanut butter dark chocolate Nature Valley Protein Bars for a good snack. 11g protein/190cal and they are very tasty. There’s also an almond variety (I think) that I don’t personally care for (which is why I’m not certain what the flavour is) with the same nutritional value.
  • cobalt108
    cobalt108 Posts: 60 Member
    I always keep a health warrior pumpkin seed bar in my bag! The peanut chocolate flavor has decent protein and is not a sugar bomb.
    Sometimes I grab a chocolate mint garden of life protein bar and it tastes really good and keeps me full.
    Most other bars like Lara bars, zone etc immediately bloated me and sat in my tummy like a rock. I like the pumpkin seeds bar because it’s yummy, satiates and I still feel light after.

I know a guy who swears by the MetRX Caramel flavor bar. It’s a huge bar with like 30g of protein and he’s has one every day for lunch. He’s very sporty/outdoorsy guy who kayaks and runs hills type stuff,so not sure if the calories on it might be to high for you, but thought it better to add it in case that works for you. He also keeps bison jerky bars around.

Ensure or muscle milk in vanilla. Add cinnamon/ pumpkin pie spices and shake.

Some mom and pop type health food stores often bake their own protein/ granola bars filled and not as processed like commercial bars.

Also, this might be a little weird but it worked in a pinch. I usually take Justin’s almond butter packets and sliced apple with me. One day I forgot my apple and just had the packet. Well I was hungry so I just ate the almond butter straight and had an awesome energy boost. While it might not replace your breakfast or lunch completely, if your really looking for a portable, quick and easy snack without a lot of added junk then it does the job!

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    When I don’t want to cook I make myself this shake.

http://www.grouprecipes.com/142964/simple-soylent.html
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    The best tasting protein balls I’ve ever made, and super easy. The crispy cereal makes them a little lighter than some store bought bars.

https://pin.it/yyywkvqivcsrgw
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    I’ve used IdealShape weight loss/meal replacement shakes (called Ideal Shakes). I found them to be tasty (but sweet) and would blend them in a blender or shaker bottle with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I still use them from time to time - I get bored and take a break.

I usually do one in the morning as my breakfast and one in the afternoon as a snack in between a light lunch. I then eat a larger dinner because dinner is my favorite. I lost a good amount of weight on this method as I was still calorie counting and used the shakes as a way to get a low calorie meal/snack to tide me over!

My favorite flavors are the chocolate cream pie, chocolate coconut, mint chocolate, and peanut butter cup! Honestly all are great but I’m not a fan of the strawberry or dreamsicle/fruity flavors.

It’s not an MLM and the customer service is great!

Hope that helps and good luck!