INSANITY and not losing weight...

Options
Ok so I have completed my first week of INSANITY (finally not getting so sore from the work outs) And I'm still 190lbs like I was when I started. I know its only been a week and I shouldn't be worried but it is discouraging. My settings are set to lose 2lbs a week which is why I'm kinda bumbed out. I think my journal is open to the public too. I eat back my calories cuz I love eating and I am very happy with MFP but the scale isn't moving!

Has anyone else gone through this? I need a little bit of encouragment and some "hang in there" vibes!

Replies

• hkrosez
    hkrosez Posts: 53
    Options
    Honestly, it look me about 6 weeks to finally see some changes when I started a new diet. Sometimes, your body needs to gain weight to get over the 'you aren't feeding me enough' phase. I am finally losing pounds at the rate I set (.5/wk) :) Hope this helps.
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    yes that happened to me at first but the inches were moving down so that was encouraging for me... i have been doing this everyday for 65 days and have lost 21 pounds and just as many inches, i also eat back excersice calories...
    good luck add me if you like
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    INSANITY is so insanely hard!! Did you do p90x before?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Water retention because of muscle recovery.
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    Is this your first time really working out continuously? If so, most people's bodies retain water during the first week or so. Also with Insanity, I'm in my second round of it...I noticed with myself I didn't drop a whole ton of weight, but my body fat percentage has dropped and I lost a shaton of inches. You build a lot of muscle with Insanity with the all of the different resistance and plyometric exercises. Don't get discouraged and keep it up! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • CDRhom
    CDRhom Posts: 9
    Options
    Espcially with an intense exercise program like Insanity it is important to look at inches lost instead of pounds lost because muscle is denser and heavier than fat. TIme to get out the tape measure.
  • LindaSue5
    Options
    Don't give up you WILL lose eventually. Something that helps me is not eating the calories I earn from exercise, maybe that will help you. Then after you start losing you can eat some of those activity cals you earn but whatever you decide with those just keep going and you will start to see results!!!
  • Toots2012
    Options
    Ok, let me break it down to you....

I just completed the entitre 60 day Insanity Program.

First of all, Insanity is not a program design for weight loss, which I most people dont realize. But it is a program that will help to shape, tone, and build up your cardio endurance.

I didnt see any wieght loss with this program until the very last one-two weeks. However, I have just about lost the fat tummy that I once had. And my body is toned and defined.

I am very happy with my results. I have lost a total of 18 lbs and roughly 22 inches total body.

You also have to change your diet.

But here is the key with Insanity, DONT LOOK AT THE SCALE. But instead measure you body, thats where you will see the reults and if you stick with it you will be able to get into clothes that you couldnt befrore.

Good Luck
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options
    Ok so I have completed my first week of INSANITY (finally not getting so sore from the work outs) And I'm still 190lbs like I was when I started. I know its only been a week and I shouldn't be worried but it is discouraging. My settings are set to lose 2lbs a week which is why I'm kinda bumbed out. I think my journal is open to the public too. I eat back my calories cuz I love eating and I am very happy with MFP but the scale isn't moving!

Has anyone else gone through this? I need a little bit of encouragment and some "hang in there" vibes!

I am in ur same situation. Im working out & the (evil) scale is not my friend.:devil: The worst is when the scale goes up & ur working out hard. (happened to me last wk :sad: ) so I was disappointed. My bf told me (& i felt better) that Im gaing muscle so dont rely on ur scale so much. He also told me that Im looking more tone. :bigsmile:
    Good luck
  • heatherzotigh
    Options
    I am doing Insanity right now, on day 21 actually... I have lost a few lbs but nothing remarkable. And as I was a semi-serious weight lifter I can tell I've lost some of my muscle, but I am beginning to notice that I am firming up more, which is exactly what I wanted from Insanity. I won't be doing my measurements again until day 30, but I can tell by the way my clothes are fitting that I will be happy with the results :)
    keep it up!
  • aprilhelmreich
    aprilhelmreich Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I know INSANITY is less for losing weight but seeing as I have 40lbs to lose I would think with my changing body the pounds would come off too.

I'm going to measure myself today so I have a baseline and see what comes of it.

Thanks!
  • ladyphoto
    ladyphoto Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else- Your muscles retain water after heavy workouts. I just went through the same shocker last week- I had actually gained 1.5 lbs, and was running 4 miles almost daily and playing squash every other day (burning around 600 calories during squash)- I was very upset about the gain, but I also noticed that my legs were so sore, I could barely walk- so I laid off exercise for 2 days, and on the third day, the extra 1.5 lbs went away and an additional 1.5 lbs too. For me, the water retention was the answer- I am sure it is for you too- take a day or two off and let your body recover and see what happens. Good luck and don't give up!!!
  • CDeguc
    CDeguc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ok, let me break it down to you....

I just completed the entitre 60 day Insanity Program.

First of all, Insanity is not a program design for weight loss, which I most people dont realize. But it is a program that will help to shape, tone, and build up your cardio endurance.

I didnt see any wieght loss with this program until the very last one-two weeks. However, I have just about lost the fat tummy that I once had. And my body is toned and defined.

I am very happy with my results. I have lost a total of 18 lbs and roughly 22 inches total body.

You also have to change your diet.

But here is the key with Insanity, DONT LOOK AT THE SCALE. But instead measure you body, thats where you will see the reults and if you stick with it you will be able to get into clothes that you couldnt befrore.

Good Luck

Completely agree!!!! I was the same way:0) LOVED my results, but only lost like 5lbs.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I only lost around 3 pounds, but several inches!!
    My favorite of all was how toned my quads were!!

Good luck!