For any women who are interested in, or have started Intermittent Fasting!

Options
Hey Everyone! :)

I have been doing the 16:8 fast for 8 days now and decided that since there a lot of women out there that are interested in this lifestyle change, that I would start a group just for that!
It's called Intermittent Fasting For Women | 16:8, 5:2 and more!

You can request to join here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/130165-intermittent-fasting-for-women-16-8-5-2-and-more

There are not a lot of studies out there for the effects of IF on women, and I thought it would be an awesome place to share experiences, recipes, tips and tricks, ideas, and network with one another to help create the best plan you can, with a support system surrounding you that understands what you are going through.

If you've ever thought about intermittent fasting, or have started it and need some support or have questions, feel free to send a request, and I will do my best to approve them as quickly as possible!

**The group is private to help protect questions and discussions for group members, since some of them may be personal in nature.
**This group is for women only, any men interested in 16:8 are more than welcome to add me as a friend, and I'd be happy to talk to you and help encourage your journey as well!

motivation-1101889_960_720.jpg

Replies

• robin49505
    robin49505 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm interested - I just started researching IF yesterday. My personal trainer recommended it.
  • CollieWobblesx
    CollieWobblesx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi There. Ive been doing IF for over a year now. 5:2 and most days 16.8 Feel free to add me.
  • AnnabellaxRinger
    AnnabellaxRinger Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi There. Ive been doing IF for over a year now. 5:2 and most days 16.8 Feel free to add me.

Sounds great! I will do that! :)
  • AnnabellaxRinger
    Options
    robin49505 wrote: »
    I'm interested - I just started researching IF yesterday. My personal trainer recommended it.

There isn't a lot of research out there, so that's why I'm aiming at creating a group so people can share their real-life experiences. I will make sure you're added! Welcome! :smile:
  • CollieWobblesx
    CollieWobblesx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Here's link you might find useful. Dr Mosley is the one who started this all off. There is a youtube documentary he did a while back for the BBC. https://thefastdiet.co.uk/
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am very interested in this! I actually started today. I am trying to eat from 8 am till 4 pm and fast the rest. I am interested to know if this actually works, can you eat your calories say 1200 a day and exercise and fast does it work? I tend to overeat at night. I think cutting out eating after 4 will help me stop this horrible habit. I requested an add.
  • AnnabellaxRinger
    Options
    Here's link you might find useful. Dr Mosley is the one who started this all off. There is a youtube documentary he did a while back for the BBC. https://thefastdiet.co.uk/

WONDERFUL - thank you!
  • Tigermom19
    Tigermom19 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm interested. I have done some reading about it recently, and wonder if it might be effective for me.
  • StarsongUK
    StarsongUK Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m looking at this and just got his new book the fast 800. I’ll request to join (i am female!)
  • BethTheNew
    BethTheNew Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am doing 5:2 and just would love to join your group.
  • AnnabellaxRinger
    Options
    I've added everyone from this thread that was interested in joining. Just go to 'group's and it should be right at the top of your list! Can't wait to see you there!