Keto diet

Options
KC1071
KC1071 Posts: 14 Member
I’m considering starting the KETO DIET, however I am allergic to both gluten and dairy. I’m wondering if it would be worthwhile for me to even try considering my food allergies. Any advice?

Thanks,
Kelly

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    If you eat meat, sure, no issues. Gluten isn't really something you'd eat on keto and you don't need dairy. That said, how much do you know about what a keto eating pattern looks like? It's worth figuring it out before trying, as keto is more about personal preference than any weight loss benefit.

For healthy (IMO) keto, I'd recommend something like eggs and veg at breakfast and meat and veg at other meals with some higher fat options like nuts and seeds and avocado and cooking in coconut or olive or avocado oil and olives and higher fat cuts of meat (which can mean smoked salmon, chicken with skin, non low fat beef cuts or lamb cuts, heritage pork). Many will use lots of butter and cheese, but you absolutely have no need to.
  • FeeneyBird
    FeeneyBird Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my names Michelle.

I’m a Coeliac. I did keto prior to this attempt at starting again and found it so much easier and less stressful. No label reading required just plenty of meat, fish and green vegetables, raw and cooked served in many variations. Made my own gluten free sauces and dips. Food prep for me was the key. Didn’t have to worry when shopping if I had a food plan for the week. I lost 1kg in the first 4 days. I also include lactose free in my diet and still found it easy. You can only try 👍

• NivieneWoolley
    NivieneWoolley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was advised to try keto for my inflammation and allergies, but I'm lost on it. I'd love some help
  • doowa
    doowa Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Read up on it. I searched Pinterest and found lots of sample menus and recipes.
    You still need to have a calorie deficit so find a keto calculator online to figure out your macros. You can then input them nto MFP.
    I just started this past Monday
  • xdbltrblx
    xdbltrblx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was advised to try keto for my inflammation and allergies, but I'm lost on it. I'd love some help

Google "ruled.me". They have a plan that will get you through the first few weeks. Primal edge health is another good place to start. If you get on YouTube much look up Keto Connect. If you need any help with it I'll try to answer any questions you have. Been doing it for over a year now.
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto for a while. I lost weight, feel healthier and look better (all that protein did amazing things for my thin hair)
    The basics are meat and non-root vegetables. In a day, my food intake looks like this:
    B- 2 poached eggs, sauteed green peppers and onions.
    S1- handful of cashews
    L- simple salad w/chicken and olive oil with lemon juice
    S2- 2oz cheese and 4oz deli meat
    D - chicken breast, sauteed string beans with onions and cheese sauce.
    Avg calories: 1232
    Avg carbs in grams : 27