Green Smoothies

Options
I am absolute rubbish at getting in greens, veggies, or fruits in my diet so I wanted to incorporate a green smoothie in my meals during the day to help. Taste is important to me hence why I kind of avoid those ingredients normally... any recipes you guys have tried and liked??

Replies

• merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Add a scoop of Amazing Grass (Berry or original are my family’s favorite flavors) to any smoothie. We usually do frozen strawberries, water, yogurt/quest vanilla protein powder or frozen orange slices, carrots, water, yogurt or protein powder.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them all the time. I would put in one head of romaine, some frozen fruit of choice, water or milk of choice, and then something extra like flax, chia or protein powder. I got hit on the E. Coli outbreak with the romaine and became extremely ill. So now I eat a lot less of the smoothies and use spinach.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I have a green smoothie almost every day. My go-to recipe is a large handful of spinach, a medium banana, 1 cup of frozen berries or peaches, 1 serving sized container of low fat Greek yogurt (80-100 calorie container), 1 serving of ground flax seed and then water.

Love green smoothies but be careful, they can be calorie bombs!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I was inspired by this:

s4hxtc7fxaze.png

to add protein and make this:

nc4zcjfb2isk.png

but avocados are a pain, and it evolved into the second one here:

gqkt31wu47lc.png

You could use just one green or mixed greens - those are all from my garden. (I don't like cold smoothies this time of year. It is very cold in my house.)
  • LittleChipin
    LittleChipin Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Since I'm so picky I've decided a handful of spinach, 2 tbsp of honey vanilla Greek yogurt, a couple pieces of frozen strawberries, pineapple, and half a banana and a half cup of 2% milk. Trying it tomorrow and I hope it tastes good!
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My go to smoothie is
    1c almond milk
    1/4 c hemp hearts
    2 tbsp orange juice
    2c mixed greens, baby spinach ( sometimes kale but less of this because bitter)
    6 or 8 baby carrots
    1/2 scoop amazing grass green superfood
    1 banana
    3 strawberries
    Ginger, cinnamon and clove powder
    Whatever fruit or veggie in the frig that needs to used

PSA- brush your teeth after green smoothies because they will stain your teeth. I found this out the hard way.
  • Carmen_TX
    Carmen_TX Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    zeejane03 wrote: »
    I have a green smoothie almost every day. My go-to recipe is a large handful of spinach, a medium banana, 1 cup of frozen berries or peaches, 1 serving sized container of low fat Greek yogurt (80-100 calorie container), 1 serving of ground flax seed and then water.

Love green smoothies but be careful, they can be calorie bombs!

This ^^ so yummy! My go-to is similar. Only difference is I don’t add flax, and I use milk where they use water.

Another combo I love is 1 cup spinach, 1/2 a cucumber, and a sprig or two of mint. I usually add some yogurt and/or ice cubes, and milk as well.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Since I'm so picky I've decided a handful of spinach, 2 tbsp of honey vanilla Greek yogurt, a couple pieces of frozen strawberries, pineapple, and half a banana and a half cup of 2% milk. Trying it tomorrow and I hope it tastes good!

Did it taste good? What did the calories, carbs, fat, and protein come out to?
  • LittleChipin
    LittleChipin Posts: 102 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    7twbc3udj6my.jpg
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Did it taste good? What did the calories, carbs, fat, and protein come out to?

dti24ja74m7w.jpg

It tasted pretty good! It's a little thick from the frozen fruit but waiting til it melted a little solved that problem but all I taste is fruit. Cant taste the spinach or yogurt at all! Calories are about 275 and I dont track my macros cuz I'd go insane lol