Day 1

Options
Went walking I only managed a mile. I was doing 10k the last time I was working out but I am 50lbs heavier. I’m trying to tell myself start small. At least you went out in the cold for a while and had a go. Jogging when u way over 200lbs sucks.

Is Anyone else in the same position as me and starting over from scratch?

Take care guys

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You don't need to jog, walking is a great way to get some exercise.
  • Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Baby steps. Walking is good. The more times you feel success, the more likely you’ll continue towards your goal. Don’t get frustrated at progress and stay positive. In 2012, after reaching my then highest weight ever, I hired a personal trainer who helped me lose 30 pounds over the course of 4 months. I felt amazing. I ended up breaking a leg which required knee surgery and was directed non-weight bearing for 12 weeks by my surgeon. Great. One week led to the next and before I knew it, I was back at my 235 plus another 5 pounds in 2014. Here we go again. I replicated the plan that my trainer had me on and I was able to drop from 240 back down to 212... and here I’ve been for the last 6 months... still 12 lbs away from my goal. Starting over stinks, but nothing is impossible.
  • Strickleigh10
    Strickleigh10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yep I’m there with you.... I’m enthused and motivated to make an important change. I have a long journey ahead of me, just need to stay focussed and keep this level of motivation. I have set an initial target of 8k steps a day, which isn’t a lot but when I don’t currently do it, it’s a start. Having an office job makes the number of steps achievable difficult....
  • chrisanderson3015
    chrisanderson3015 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A number of years ago I completed the Insanity workout program. Lost weight, felt better and was able to handle the workouts quite well in the end. After a couple years I went back to the program and was going to do it again but became frustrated because I did not feel like I was doing well and I realized I had the view of me finishing the first time in my head. The version of me that had completed the 60 days and I was expected to pick up where I left off. When I went back and reflected on how I was at the beginning....I realized I was right back where I need to be and I also knew where I would get to if I stuck to it. Be patient with yourself, small daily wins will lead to awesome results. Good luck to you and always remember why you are doing this.
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yes. I sprained my knee. I am up to 1/2 mile a day of walking now. :(. I’ll get there