Hoping to lose 50lbs+ in 2019- need buddies

Options
30/f
Highest weight (and sadly current weight): 370lbs

I would love to be under 300lbs by the end of the year, but I felt aiming for 50lbs was more realistic and obtainable. Of course my goals will change once I get there.

I am looking for others to help keep me motivated. I know I need to do this.

Replies

• Nzellmar
    Nzellmar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have about 70 pounds to be at my goal weight, so I am hoping to lose that in 2019! I also joined a DietBet which I think will keep me motivated because I don't want to lose my $30 and if I win I can buy myself something nice with the winnings! What tactics are you planning on using to lose the weight?
  • FemmeBritt
    FemmeBritt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 100, first goal is 25.I'm open to being buddies 😊
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I lost 52 this year and could probably lose 52 more. Feel free to add me
  • frannieo36
    frannieo36 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Need to lose 112lbs feel free to add me!
  • lmeldrum23
    lmeldrum23 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends. :)
  • aborgslife
    aborgslife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to lose around 75 and could really use some motivation and support to keep going. I just started a weight loss challenge with my 3 siblings and our spouses and would really love to show them that the "oldie" in the group (I am 40) can run circles around them. 😊
    I am 5'3 and at my highest weight of 205.
  • beckylynne8
    beckylynne8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have about 75 total to lose ... definitely would to get and lend support.
  • ruple897
    ruple897 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Need to lose 100. At 292 46 m have kids and wife need to be around for. Add me if anybody else needs to lose a lot in 2019
  • Mirboujourney
    Mirboujourney Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm looking for some motivating buddies as well! 😊
  • cnareau39
    cnareau39 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100, feel free to add me.
  • samanthapinto2
    samanthapinto2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me...i need to lose 70 lbs. Just got hit with pre diabetes and I need a major lifestyle change fast
  • Scareah
    Scareah Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I also want to lose 50-60 pounds this year. I need buddies. I lose motivation quickly.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I’ll join you! DH and I both need to lose 50+ lbs, so we are tackling it as a family with our homeschooled 6 year old “sous chef” along for the ride ;)

Living in a busy big city we’ve gotten used to eating out A LOT for convenience. We’ll be eating nearly every meal at home now (1 meal out / week) which is going to be a lot of work, but hopefully fun, healthy, and delicious too!
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose at least 40 pounds this year. Feel free to add me! I'm a 30 year old mom of a 2 year old and almost 5 month old! :)
  • sirenia46
    sirenia46 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am with you all! I lost 25 lbs July-Dec last year, and I want to keep it going and trying for 50 lbs in 2019, which would make it a loss of 75 lbs in 18 months. Slow but sure...
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! You're all fabulous. Let's do this in baby steps, one day, one month at a time. I will share a quote - "When you feel like quitting, remember why you started". We deserve it. I'm 67, and need to lose 100 +. It's harder when you're older. But I will journal my food and think positive. Let's go!!
  • bodymindmusic
    bodymindmusic Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me.
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Everyone, feel free to add me too! Adding everyone before this comment.
  • sirenia46
    sirenia46 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is so long, but I thought it might be helpful to share some specifics. Everyone approaches things differently, but this is what has worked for me so far. Share your own ideas!

1) setting a weight loss goal in the app (for me was a pound a week, total of 50lbs/yr), which then quantified for me the daily calories and nutritional guidelines based on my own starting point

2) logging every single thing that went into my mouth, even vitamins, HONESTLY (and try my best to not beat myself up if I go over my calories for the day)

3) paying attention to nutrition (not only calories) for the day by reviewing where I am after logging a meal or snack, so I eat everything I need but less of what I don't need

4) journaling and having someone I can call or text anytime to bolster my morale and motivation (for me it has been my sister, who is joining me in the same effort)

5) weighing myself only once a week, at the same day/time, and taking a progress photo (and not freaking out if I thought I was very good that week but actually gained weight)

6) incorporating movement and logging that, too (I despise "exercise" and initially counted anything that got me off the couch for even 10 or 15 minutes - vacuuming, laundry, pulling weeds, grocery shopping, walking to/from the car at work). I am now doing Tai Chi and walking several miles at a time on a weekly basis, but I had to start somewhere... not gonna run a 5K at the beginning...maybe never (I hate running)

6) envisioning what I could do if I was successful in achieving my goal that I couldn't do now (for me, it is hiking in a national park to see natural beauty in person instead of on a TV peogram).
  • bhhblue
    bhhblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've also got a 100 pound goal and looking for accountabilibuddies. Feel free to add me 😊