Had to change HRM age yesterday! (pics)

Options
jeffpettis
jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
Well yesterday was my birthday (36), so I had to change my age on my heart rate monitor, it was also the day I had set for my first goal of 180lbs. I actually hit 180 on Thursday, a couple of days before, so I think I am right on the right track. I don't really have a goal weight anymore, I just want to feel good, and really feel better about what I see in the mirror. I guess I will feel like I am there when I see a six pack, and who knows when that will be, but I am happy with the path I'm headed down so far. I started MFP in early June, and had already started working out again on May 2. I started out at my highest weight of 199lbs. and have lost 19lbs. in 3 1/2 months. I know I don't have alot of extra weight, but for me it's a pretty big accomplishment. This is the best I have felt since I was in the US Coast Guard, and I think I look a little better now than I did back then. Anyways, I just wanted to post a few pics, and I'll post some more when I finally find that six pack. (I hope) LOL!!!

P.S. These are the first pics I have taken since I started this little journey. My wife said I should wear the same shorts for a better comparison, I told her I wanted to put my hat on in the new ones so the pics didn't look the same, she kind of laughed and said she didn't think it would be a problem. After I saw the difference I couldn't beleive it. I look at myself in the mirror everyday, and haven't really noticed a big change, but I can see it when the pics are up next to one another.

1st pic, a couple of years ago @ around 200lbs.
2007_0422Image0069.jpg

Next 2 pics from May 2, 2011 199lbs.
5-4-111.jpg
5-4-112.jpg

Next few pics are not "after", just "during" from yesterday Aug.20, 2011
DSCF8137.jpg
DSCF8142.jpg
DSCF8148.jpg

They ain't much right now, but I'm still proud of 'em
DSCF8156.jpg
DSCF8153.jpg

Replies

• chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    very nice!
  • ctprofessional
    ctprofessional Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • edward1973
    Options
    good work!!
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Nice work.

You have a very similar build to my fiance and similar starting weight - can I ask how tall you are? Also what did you do to loose the weight and build the muscle? My fiance looks a healthy weight to me, but I know he'd like to loose a few pounds and like you he wants to get that six-pack.
  • jeffpettis
    Options
    Nice work.

You have a very similar build to my fiance and similar starting weight - can I ask how tall you are? Also what did you do to loose the weight and build the muscle? My fiance looks a healthy weight to me, but I know he'd like to loose a few pounds and like you he wants to get that six-pack.

LOL!!! Actually I think I have shrunk over the last few years, I used to be 5'11", but the last time I measured myself I was 5'10"! Go figure???
  • chelzmartinez
    chelzmartinez Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job and keep up the good work! I have to say, you look YOUNGER now! woohoo! :-):happy:
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for the free gun show! :blushing: Your wife must be very proud of you! I'm jealous that you get to be a ranger for DEP!!!! :noway:
  • kristarablue
    Options
    What on earth are you talking about....your arms look great!!! You are doing Rockin Sockin Robot Amazing!!!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    looking good!!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    looking great!
  • AlyBelden
    Options
    Wow!! Fabulous change! So funny that you wanted to put on your hat so the pictures don't look the same, I totally laughed when I saw the second pictures... I don't think you'll get those confused with the hat or without :). Great job!!
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That is great!! Don't forget to change your weight on your HRM too. Sometimes I forget.
  • jeffpettis
    Options
    :blushing::bigsmile: LOL! Thanks Ya'll!!! I guess when you see yourself everyday you don't notice a big difference, but I can tell when I see my pics together.
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Looking great!!!
  • AmandaCG
    AmandaCG Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    YAY YOU!!!!! Great job! You look so much happier and healthier! Like you feel better!
  • jeffpettis
    Options
    Nice work.

I cut out all soft drinks, only water. I used to be a Mtn. Dew addict! LOL!!! I didn't really change what I eat, because I love veggies, and my wife has always used very little proccessed foods. I guess the main thing I changed was just how much I eat at each meal. I don't pile it on my plate now, and I rarely go back for seconds. The only other thing I'm doing differently is working out 6 days a week, doing circuit training for 45 minutes to an hour. Before I started losing weight my Dr. told me I was at a healthy weight (he hates the BMI chart as much as me), but I saw him the other day and said I looked better now, and I feel so much better.
  • Makay1
    Makay1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    First of all, Happy Belated Birthday!! Congratulations on your success....you look amazing!! I'm sure your family is so proud of you too. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!