Twin mummy wanting my body back

Options
Morning everyone,
So I am a mummy to 3 boys, a 4 year old and 16month old twins.
After giving birth to the twins I lost my weight well although I was a whoke different body shape!!
I stupidly carried on with the same eating I did when pregnant only having wine too and am now 1stone 5lbs heavier than I have ever been (not pregnant)
I am 3 days in and enjoying my new healthier lifestyle and actually doing Dry January too.
I am exercising everyday when the biys go to bed.
I go to Center Parcs at the start of Feb, I would love to feel comfortable in a bikini for then!!
Any tips or advice welcome :)

Replies

• vanessasrm
    vanessasrm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have twins too (as well as 3 others) and I noticed how massively my body shape changed with the twins, I have zero abs, just jelly! and even things like my rib cage expanded and hasn't returned. Good Luck!
  • nicolamariegreenwood
    Options
    Wow!!!
    Yep the jelly belly is full force right now!!! My worry is after losing the weight I want too is the dreaded twin skin 🙈
    But I am looking forward to mayne not looking pregnant anymore
    And thank you!!!
  • vanessasrm
    Options
    I have had to do alot of work on my core strength (and pelvic floor as well) which took a bit of a beating, I am still in the beginnings of what I call my "core rehab" but have seen improvement in the last 2 months. I still have about another 10-12lb to go in terms of my weight loss I think (I work in kilos - Australia!), but I also have lost alot of fitness - I think I have spent the last 8 years either pregnant or raising babies, so haven't really looked after me! Good Luck, and if you want to keep tabs on each others progress, we may have some things in common :)
  • vetvicki
    vetvicki Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I have a 4yo and 2yo twins. I just started with MFP on Tuesday. I've been fortunate to not havery much body shape change with the twins compared to my singleton but do have a small diastasis recti. I've done a lot of pelvic floor work and pilates to help it but I would still totally pee myself if I was on a trampoline 😂
    Since having the twins I've found that the first thing I reach for when things are getting too much is junk food. It's something I've started to try to recognise and hopefully train myself to have a bit of self control.
    Hard though when there's 2 tantrumming 2 year Olds around!!
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I am glad to see there are other twin mommies on this app! Mine are going to be 2 months on Monday 😱
  • vetvicki
    Options
    Same!! How is twin life going for you? I think mine were manageable at that age still, the rest of the first year is a bit of a blur though!
    Hey ladies. I am glad to see there are other twin mommies on this app! Mine are going to be 2 months on Monday 😱

• nicolamariegreenwood
    Options
    @vanessasrm Yep i'm still keeping an eye on my core. I had a 5 finger gap after the boys and have gotten it to 1 finger. Be lovely to stay in touch and see how we are both getting on 😊

@vetvicki I totally relate to that!! Junk food and biscuits are so easy and quick so have been my go to when my 16 month boys are being crazy haha

@kbushe3221 awww 2 months old! Seems like ages since mine were that little. Hope you're getting on ok.
    Enjoy them staying where you put them as mine are all over the place all the time haha

Lovely to meet you all ladies xx

• vanessasrm
    Options
    vetvicki - junkfood has been my downfall too, just something quick and easy usually eaten onehanded whilst folding laundry! LOL!

kbushe3221 - 2 months, I can't even remember what that was like. I remember sitting on the lounge perpetually breastfeeding....

sounds like we have all had our core issues, my diastasis is now only beginning to recover, and my twins are 4! (they were followed by another one who is now 2 though). My core work is beginning to pay off, and I can now say I can star jump without peeing myself (a few months ago, this was not the case :disappointed: ), but haven't tried a trampoline yet though! LOL! I still have a LONG way to go in terms of my abs and core strength, and I have begun seeing a trainer specifically for those issues. Twin pregnancy and twins are just such a different ball game aren't they?
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    vetvicki wrote: »
    Same!! How is twin life going for you? I think mine were manageable at that age still, the rest of the first year is a bit of a blur though!

@vetvicki it’s been a trip! Going back to work in couple weeks and it’s bittersweet. Will miss them but at the same time I think I need the time away to be with other adults. Lol
  • vetvicki
    Options
    @kbushe3221 ah that's sad but yes it's actually easier being at work than it us looking after young twins. Thankfully I'm part-time and my work days are heaven!
  • vanessasrm
    Options
    Work is great, its getting me and five kids out the door that I find stressful! I need to go to work to have some time out to get over the stress of getting to work! LOL!
  • nicolamariegreenwood
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    How are we all doing? 1st week in and a 5lb loss although still feel awful about myself but at least I am doing something about it!
    Today I want to eat chocolate and biscuits so much!
  • vetvicki
    Options
    I've almost fallen off the wagon already.... lost a little weight and getting more veggies in but my motivation has reduced a lot! Did go for a brisk walk today and trying to get more active. I hate how I get excited about diets initially then a week later I can't be bothered anymore. I piss myself off!
  • nicolamariegreenwood
    Options
    @vetvicki welldone on your weightloss so far!! You are doing well, eating better and getting active. Keep going!!
    I have a poorly 4 year old here along with the twins today so not sure how my day is going to go!!! 🙈