Costco must haves

Options
My husband and I are going to Costco. What Costco must haves do you suggest to help me make good choices with my eating? Mostly looking for snack and quick meal ideas.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I like their hummus and guacamole cups.
  • gwcollins71
    gwcollins71 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie chicken
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Dried mango covered in chocolate! In fact they have a great selection of dried fruits.
  • chickenz
    chickenz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Salad bags, froz fruit, Cara Cara oranges, there is a 40 cal/slice bread with 8gm fiber, chicken sausage, butternut squash, brussel sprouts, cereal, quinoa, white linen tomato sauce, quiche, pesto sauce, bananas, rot chicken, egg whites, shredded cheeses, English muffins, Palermos pizza etc
  • BethE238
    BethE238 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    For a quick and easy meal, I love the Asian chopped salad bag from the produce section topped with some slices of rotisserie chicken from their deli. I only add half the dressing. Mmm!
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Kirkland brand olive oil. They test it to be sure it is actually olive oil and not other oils with a splash of olive oil.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I like their pork loins, also their fish. One huge pork loin, cook it, freeze part of it if it's too much for a week, eat the rest over a week's time in sandwiches, stir fry, etc. It's almost as low calorie as chicken breast and good for prepping ahead. Buy pre-chopped veggies and you can quickly turn pork loin into a substantial meal.

As far as non-food items I have found some great work-out clothes there. My favorite winter running shirt is an UA coldgear hoodie I got at Costco for fifteen bucks which was something like 60 originally.
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Portioned out hummus, yogurt of choice, kodiak pancake mix and berry syrup, salad greens, chicken breasts, frozen fruit, protein powder. Hot dog and diet soda on the way out for lunch.

Their dishwasher detergent packs are the only effective detergent I've ever used in my old crappy dishwasher too, which helps me not dread cooking.
  • gwcollins71
    gwcollins71 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! Such great ideas. I shouldn’t get everything this time but making a list for hubb for next time
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    rotisserie chicken is must have. they have a great mixed fruit bowl for like ten bucks. pork tenderloin already seasoned and cut is a steal too, altho not always available. like their sirlion steaks and their shrimp, altho I haven't had that in a while. I do a lot of my cooking in my air fryer and find costco has some great things there for me. might make a run tomorrow now. also, in refrigerated section they have already cooked bacon. quick microwave with that and its good to go. seems like a ton of slices for about ten dollars and no messy cooking it. also, their pork chops are good, although too many in a package.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I love the Madras lentil packs. They are 300 calories and 60 seconds in the microwave and yummy. I eat them solo or with pita bread.
  • mckennajhardy
    mckennajhardy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can’t stand pre packaged quacamole. They always add cilantro 🤢 and too much vinager and too much garlic (the only time too much garlic is a bad thing is when avocados are involved). But the hummus cups are great. I just went today and got a 6 count bag of avocados, coffee, sun dried tomatoes, coconut oil, and almond butter. Very tiny shop today.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Frozen Langostino (Chilean lobster tails). $13 per pound, next to no calories.
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    With the meats, like pork loin, cooking on George Forman is going to o be great.

I actually use mine a lot more than I exoected
    g
  • jasmineangela
    jasmineangela Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We buy almost everything at Costco! Fruit and veggies and we freeze some if we don’t use it into stir fry packs so it’s quick and easy ☺️. We buy our hamburger, ground turkey, chicken and fish all there. Egg whites, milk, yogurt, kodiak cakes, protein powder, everything!!
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,000 Member
    Options
    Don Lee Farms frozen pre-cooked chicken patties. Very quick and convenient to microwave for lunch or dinner.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Use to buy the rotissere chicken, salmon filets, pork loin rolls and NY strip slabs at Costco but can get them for as little or less at my local FoodMaxx.

Don't buy fruit or veggies there anymore either because the amount you have to buy and the cost is too high; buy those for less w/less waste at local markets as well.

The only "food" products that I buy at Costco now are canned corn & green beans, boxed soymilk, Pure Protein bars, KIND dried fruit/nut bars and unsalted mixed nuts.

Oh . . . and sometimes liquor but only because it's convenient, not because their prices are better.