Hungry after workout

Options
i usually eat an hr before I workout and after I'm not hungry but like an hr after I workout I'm literally starving ESP after Zumba!!

Replies

• mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    This is normal....happens to me after a hard workout....just eat some healthy protien...may be even some chocolate milk after your workout. Sometimes I eat a few almonds after a workout.
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am hungry right now and I just started today! I noticed that I only have like 353 calories left for the day and I have to save that for dinner. Oh boy. This is going to be tough. :yawn:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I don't think this should come as a surprise to you. You exercise, you burn calories, the body craves fuel. If you are hungry, eat(as in, EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES!). I eat while i'm running or biking, especially if the run or bike is longer than 50 minutes in duration, and most of them are..
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    @Asugar get a workout in and that will allow you to add more calories to you evening meal.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Seems contagious.
  • andreaashell
    andreaashell Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had the opportunity to work with a personal trainer for awhile through a work biggest loser thing. She told us to eat (something small and healthy) before working out and about 45 minutes after. It is helps your body recover and build lean muscle.
  • asugar
    Options
    Ok, thanks for the advice. You are inspiring me to hop on the exercise bike since it's raining outside!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    asugar:
    Do some working out, that will earn you a fe more eating calories!
  • JohnGym
    JohnGym Posts: 34
    Options
    Don't eat before, eat after. Simple.
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    Go for a walk or do somekind of workout which will give you more cal. for supper.
  • asugar
    Options
    Thanks! You are the second person who said that, so I am going to do it now!