Barre class results??!!

I am starting barre class on Monday, which I love! I need to be more consistent and go three to four times a week. How are other people’s results?

Replies

• techyrn808
    techyrn808 Posts: 21 Member
    What do they actually do in that type of class? How tough was it? Was it hard on your knees or back? I always wanted to try it but am to embarrassed.
  • Urbancowbarn
    Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
    edited January 2019
    I have been doing Pure Barre for about a year and half. You will see results if you take 3-4 classes a week. I lost 18 pounds in 5 months, but also ate in a deficit. I also gained a lot of lean mass. My BF% went from 25% to 22%. I dropped two dress sizes. I love the full body workout and the fact that they change it up all the time. I recently started taking their new Reform class and it’s incredible. My biggest problem is that I’m regularly injuring myself (outside of class) sprained ankle, sprained lumbar, pinched nerve...which interferes with my consistency. It stinks because I love how I feel mentally and physically after class. It doesn’t get easier—you get stronger.
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    I only started doing recently & can't say I 've done a lot ( total of 6 classes in total ) but notice that in the week thaf I attended 4 classes & cut down on my eating to about 1200-1500 calories , I lost about 1.5-2 pounds.

I find Barre classes a good workout & quite enjoyable.
  • Urbancowbarn
    Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
    techyrn808 wrote: »
    What do they actually do in that type of class? How tough was it? Was it hard on your knees or back? I always wanted to try it but am to embarrassed.

It’s a full body workout that incorporates Pilates, ballet, and yoga. It’s low impact so it’s easy on the joints. I would dive in, because it requires a lot of focus and no one is watching you because they are focused on doing it correctly. It takes several classes to get in the swing of it because it moves quickly, but I found the instructors super helpful in correcting your form. Barre works your small twitch muscles, often neglected, but helpful with endurance and your posture. The Pure Barre website is very informative.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    I love it and you should go for it! No need for embarrassment!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    I aim to go a couple of times a week. It’s nice for flexibility and stretching, and general functional training, but keep in mind that it’s not a big calorie burner — I average around 200 in an hour — and not really true strength training. Incorporate it as part of a routine, but don’t expect magic from just barre.