Bariatric surgery

Options
Looking for group who have done bariatric surgery and do fitness pal. Need advice

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 3+ years out from VSG. How can I help you?
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I’m 18 months out from sleeve surgery
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am 3.5 years out. Lost 120lbs and then gained 20 back over the last year doing everything wrong. too much alcohol, too much junk food, too many carbs, less than stellar workouts....days on the couch. You name it. I started January 1 2019... so far all clean eating, bariatric style, and lots of working out. Good luck with your surgery and making it to your goals. It is totally do-able. I can help you avoid my situation, as I am good at giving advice on this subject but horrible at following it! I now have 4 friends going thru the surgery in the next few months. I want to make a good example. :):)
  • bulldogcpa
    bulldogcpa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It is a great tool. had my sleeve surgery Nov 7th, down 37.2 as of this morning. that's about halfway to my goal of 75#. so far so good.
  • time2change1111
    Options
    bulldogcpa wrote: »
    It is a great tool. had my sleeve surgery Nov 7th, down 37.2 as of this morning. that's about halfway to my goal of 75#. so far so good.

Great job 👍👍
  • jlspencer77
    jlspencer77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass in 2012, had my son in 2014, and have been a bit off track since then. I lost 110, gained back 40, working on getting rid of that and building back in positive habits. ✌🏻
  • JuliaJitterbug
    JuliaJitterbug Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    4 weeks post op. Trying to get connected to people on myfitnesspal to keep me on track. So far I have done well. Still so new.
  • time2change1111
    Options
    4 weeks post op. Trying to get connected to people on myfitnesspal to keep me on track. So far I have done well. Still so new.

The first few weeks post op are the hardest. You sound like you’re doing well. Great job 👍
  • Joyfulworshipper
    Joyfulworshipper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ya'll,
    Had surgery 2008. Ran my only half marathon 2016. today Jan 2019, 2 knee surgeries and a +55 lbs later. I'm back and ready to work. I really could use the support of those who understand and ate commited to make the change.
    Walking gor my life.
  • JuliaJitterbug
    JuliaJitterbug Posts: 22 Member
    Options

The first few weeks post op are the hardest. You sound like you’re doing well. Great job 👍

It is amazing how much I shoved in my mouth and now I barely do 4oz I know that changes just crazy how much left overs I have even after cooking less for myself and less for my husband who is not dieting lol.
  • time2change1111
    Options
    So true. 18 months post surgery and I still cant get it right. At home I measure my food but if I’m out I often put way too much on my plate as I forget how little I can eat.
  • Kahunacrystal74
    Kahunacrystal74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m brand new to MyFitnessPal as well as being 3 weeks post-op sleeve surgery. I’ve lost 27lbs. so far and was also looking for some connections and support. I am determined to do this right and make sure this life Saving/Changing decision sticks.