Keto Fam, show me your food!

Options
Hi everyone. If your low carb like me it can be hard to think up new things. Show me your foods and your snacks! Here’s what I’m munching on now (along with my cute dog)3trrrmoko4bb.jpeg

Replies

• BestHolly3
    BestHolly3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Homemade bone broth
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Look into the Low Carber Daily and Keto MFP groups. They often have food threads with pictures on the go.

My food today was taco seasoned ground beef with sour cream for breakfast/ lunch. We were visiting for the afternoon so I had wings, deli meats and cheeses, coffee with whip cream and liquor, cheesecake, and a couple of chips with sour cream dip.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Nice! @BestHolly3

yg3o5xo61cn5.jpeg

Almond flour/hemp heart/ coconut flour biscuits! I cut them in half to make lil breakfast sandwiches. :)
    I use different savory herbs in them - the above are sprinkled with herbs de Provence. High in fiber and about 150 cals each. :) I have a recipe i use to make stuffing out of it too! The added hemp heart increases vitamins and mineral content.
  • BestHolly3
    Options
    Those look so good!! I’m going to try some sort of bread soon, but so far I havnt really missed it as I was never a big bread eater. Your post may have changed my mind 😍
  • sammiechatterton
    sammiechatterton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Keto garlic bread, german dinner meat, spibach and toms with avo coated in hempseed and olive oil, apple balsamic, salt n pepper wuthbpoached eggs..... After a 17 hr fast and little workout

Had 3 months of carbing my *kitten* off after going holiday..... Just jumped back on the wagon
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    Keto garlic bread, german dinner meat, spibach and toms with avo coated in hempseed and olive oil, apple balsamic, salt n pepper wuthbpoached eggs..... After a 17 hr fast and little workout

Had 3 months of carbing my *kitten* off after going holiday..... Just jumped back on the wagon

@sammiechatterton - nice! I have to ask- how does one make keto garlic bread?
  • Ber_Marie01
    Ber_Marie01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So far so taco meat and a quick caprese salad. Making ricotta and spinach chicken for dinner (havent decided on sides)
  • BestHolly3
    Options
    Keto garlic bread? Whaaaat. I must know more
  • leiflung
    leiflung Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had sausage and salad last night. Planning some slow cooker buffalo chicken tonight, also with salad. Or maybe I'll sauté some asparagus. Gotta think.

Y'all, I LOVE my slow cooker. If you don't have one, think on it. It will change your life.
  • amayk
    amayk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    oumj1lr247ss.jpg
    1ry0u3zq4nr9.jpg
    pwrrt2rvpbr4.jpg

Latest 3 dinners I had, chicken with mushroomstew and olives, fried salmon and leek with spinach and a spoon hollandaise-sauce and burgers made of minced beef, with cheese on a green salad. Have planned to have some tuna/mayo-wraps later today.
  • Safari_Gal
    Options
    o3cbwhnsp0js.jpeg

Sometimes one just needs a wrap! Low carb that is. 😉

Bluefin Tuna with green onion medley, chopped kale, 🌿 herbs de Provence, parsley, Brittany grey sea salt, white peppercorn and a touch of homemade mayo - extra rich. Oat fiber wrap - 5 grams net carbs and 23 grams fiber!
  • Peter_cowan2003
    Peter_cowan2003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m new to the keeto diet & I’m looking for any help with good meal plans etc
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

Atkins phase 1 is a good place to look.

I basically just dropped the starches (root veggies, grains like corn, rice and oats, and anything made from flours like cereal, baking or noodles) and high sugar foods (sweets and sugar tropical or dried fruits).

I kept meat, seafood, eggs, nuts, full fat dairy, seeds, olives, avocado, and other low GI fruit (vegetables) such as peppers, cucumber, tomato, squash. I also kept vegetables (celery, brocoli) and some berries.

Meat and a vege is the usual dinner. Like tomato meat sauce on spaghetti squash, or taco beef, salsa, sour cream, chees and vege in a bowl (skip the shell and the side of rice or beans), or steak and salad, or a fritata, or a cheeseburger without the bun with roasted veggies.

Breakfast of eggs and bacon of other meats works. Lunches were often salad with meat or egg, nuts, meat and cheese, veggies and dip, or leftovers.
  • robbell678
    robbell678 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

Atkins phase 1 is a good place to look.

I basically just dropped the starches (root veggies, grains like corn, rice and oats, and anything made from flours like cereal, baking or noodles) and high sugar foods (sweets and sugar tropical or dried fruits).

I kept meat, seafood, eggs, nuts, full fat dairy, seeds, olives, avocado, and other low GI fruit (vegetables) such as peppers, cucumber, tomato, squash. I also kept vegetables (celery, brocoli) and some berries.

Meat and a vege is the usual dinner. Like tomato meat sauce on spaghetti squash, or taco beef, salsa, sour cream, chees and vege in a bowl (skip the shell and the side of rice or beans), or steak and salad, or a fritata, or a cheeseburger without the bun with roasted veggies.

Breakfast of eggs and bacon of other meats works. Lunches were often salad with meat or egg, nuts, meat and cheese, veggies and dip, or leftovers.

I agree wholeheartedly!
    Been following this and lost weight and feel better, no carb comas nor sluggishness!👍
  • BestHolly3
    Options
    at5v83c3ccuq.jpeg

Bacon wrapped asparagus, ribeye, and chickpea pasta (1/2 serving) with sugar free pasta sauce and cheese.
  • BestHolly3
    Options
    Quest Nachos

o0lhrp2a5tim.jpg