Those Girl Scout cookies....

Options
I hate this time of year. My daughter is a girl scout and I go out and help her sell and always support her by buying some for the house. NOW they have arrived. :noway:

Frozen Thin Mints, yummmmm. Wonderful Samoas. :love:

We all say take the temptation out of the house but it is difficult to do when you now have to go deliver the said cookies. May my willpower be strong until they are delivered and the kids have ate the ones in the house.....

Replies

• dmmurray12
    Options
    I hate this time of year. My daughter is a girl scout and I go out and help her sell and always support her by buying some for the house. NOW they have arrived. :noway:

Frozen Thin Mints, yummmmm. Wonderful Samoas. :love:

We all say take the temptation out of the house but it is difficult to do when you now have to go deliver the said cookies. May my willpower be strong until they are delivered and the kids have ate the ones in the house.....
  • Elita
    Elita Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Don't touch them, they are not that good anyways and they are probably really old
    (i hope that helps!!)
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I know! I bought 3 boxes..... boo.. I am giving them away!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    I bought a box of the suagr free chocolate chips and they have been in the house for over a week and I just ate my first 3 they were great i am gonna leave them for a treat only....
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna give mine away too.

My coworker peddled her daughter's cookies to me and I felt like I had to buy some, to support the Girl Scouts, so I did. But I have no interest in eating them... I should have just given her money instead (is that even possible?)

I'm going to take all of mine to a weekly poker game that my boyfriend and I attend with our friends, and leave them there at our friend's house.

I wish they would sell, like, hummus or something in addition to cookies.
  • michelle0920
    Options
    I have the same problem - didn't buy as many this year as usual, and only to support my girls. I haven't been too tempted though and the couple that I did try really didn't taste that good :)

Yes, you can just give money - and the troop gets to keep all of that - not just the 30 cents per box we get for selling the cookies. It's called an "in-kind" donation.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Well, I used to sell them with my "Cookie Mom" who was my Daddy. So how could I say no to my neighbor's daughter when she knocked on the door. I tell you what. I will take the Samoas and put them in individual serving size baggies and freeze them. Have you ever had them frozen?? Nothing is offlimits if it can be done in moderation. If it's to many calories per serving than shrink the serving size.:flowerforyou:
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Yes, you can just give money - and the troop gets to keep all of that - not just the 30 cents per box we get for selling the cookies. It's called an "in-kind" donation.

Funny enough, this is what I do to any other children peddling for school or clubs that come to my door...I'm terrible!
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Good to know I can just give money next time.

And good idea about freezing them and having them in small portions. Although I think I will still give most of mine away. :smile: