Apple Watch, FitIV and MFP

Options
wenrob
wenrob Posts: 125 Member
edited December 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been an avid FitBit user for years but Santa brought me an Apple Watch 4 and three days in I’m already super attached. There will be no going back.

I have poured over all the AW threads and it sounds like it does not play well with MFP when you want Steps + Workouts added. Many have suggested the app FitIV. My question is: does this port everything over to MFP correctly or is it meant to replace MFP for correct stats?

Any other app suggestions? I have years worth of data in MFP so I’d like to find a way to make it all play together correctly.

Replies

• caindove11
    caindove11 Posts: 73 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I got my AW 4, two months ago and love it. I have not had any issues with my steps or workout data being added to MFP. You may have to go and adjust your mfp app settings on your AW.
  • wenrob
    Options
    caindove11 wrote: »
    I got my AW 4, two months ago and love it. I have not had any issues with my steps or workout data being added to MFP. You may have to go and adjust your mfp app settings on your AW.
    I’ve read a bunch of threads where people have had credit for their steps removed after logging a workout from the Apple Watch. You haven’t experienced this? If not, that’s good to hear. What do you mean adjust MFP settings on the Watch app? Which settings?

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    There are no "mfp app settings on your AW." Technically it is the Health app that is connected to MFP, the settings are all between those.

Honestly if you've read over all the threads you know there's no actual solution, just workarounds. I got nothing more to add to what's already been said.
  • wenrob
    Options
    My question was more does FITIV send the correct numbers to MFP but as far as I can tell it doesn’t.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I can tell you you can make Apple Watch and Lifesum work well together but not sure how cool it is to mention a "rival" app here.
  • Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I’ve been a religious FITIV user for 3 years. For me, everything transfers over perfectly. FITIV writes to Apple health, MFP reads that data from Apple health database and displays it on your dashboard.