90 calorie Brownies

Options
Lesliecs
Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
So have you tried the new Fiber On 90 calorie brownies? I bought the Chocolate Peanut Butter ones yesterday.... they are not too bad! A little dry.... but the flavor is good and it helps get me through my chocolate cravings!

Replies

• KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    They are not bad but nothing compared to a real, homemade brownie! lol, but yes it helps!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I thought they were dry too, but pretty good :)
  • bergebl03
    bergebl03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have the peanut butter ones too and ya the only thing that i dont like is that they are kind of dry but for 90 calories they taste really good. i want to try the fudge ones next
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I would agree that they are a little dry. Definitely not as good as a homemade one. But for 90 calories, I can't beat that!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i like the fiber one brownies as well, but not the dryness. if you're looking for something chocolate that isn't dry, i recommend vitatop deep chocolate muffins or the brownies (both have a lot of fiber, whole wheat, protein, lots of vitamins and are 100 calories each). sorry. i am obsessed with vitatops. but i do like the fiber one. have you tried microwaving them? it makes them seem less dry.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I paired mine with a glass of milk, and that totally help with the dryness. They're not "real" brownies, but they're definitely a tasty snack.
  • bkweibel
    bkweibel Posts: 77
    Options
    I haven't tried them, yet but a friend of mine said that putting them in the microwave for like 15-20 seconds REALLY helped!
  • mailroommary
    Options
    They're not bad but I like more fiber in my food. I guess I'm becoming picky when I choose items to splurge on. :)
    I found some great high fiber, high protein brownies (taste good, too!) but they are from Nutrisystem and about 2 bucks a brownie. Yikes. I don't eat their food but have ordered side items once in a while just due to the high fiber content.
  • SummerLuvR
    Options
    They are ok, but nothing too great. If I want to spend the 90 cals, I would rather have on of the fiber one bars. They are delish to me :))
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    I haven't seen those. I guess I might try to find them when I go grocery shopping again.
  • Maid4richie
    Maid4richie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think they are dry to so to help me get through my sweet/chocolate cravings i have a skinny cow truffle ice cream bar and those are awesome !
  • CandiJo1
    Options
    When I get a chocolate craving I eat a Kemp's pudding pop they are yummy and only have 80 calories. Just another great snack to add to the list!
  • bc2061
    bc2061 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been eating them for 2 weeks now and I hardly notice the dryness anymore and it definitely curbs my sweet tooth and helps me reach my fiber intake.

I second the Vitatops though- very good. They used to be special order from an online retailer, but lately I've been able to find them in stores. I know I've bought them at Target before.
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i like the fiber one brownies as well, but not the dryness. if you're looking for something chocolate that isn't dry, i recommend vitatop deep chocolate muffins or the brownies (both have a lot of fiber, whole wheat, protein, lots of vitamins and are 100 calories each). sorry. i am obsessed with vitatops. but i do like the fiber one. have you tried microwaving them? it makes them seem less dry.

where can u buy the vitatops at? havent seen them around..maybe i havent looked in the right place either LOL
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options

Haven't tried the Vitatops yet, but plan to now!!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options

where can u buy the vitatops at? havent seen them around..maybe i havent looked in the right place either LOL

i found them in the organic frozen section of the grocery store
  • farrellb2
    farrellb2 Posts: 120
    Options
    I was actually thinking of sprinkling a little water over mine and tossing it into the microwave for 10 sec to see if that helped
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them yet but for my chocolate cravings I've been eating Quaker's Mini Delights for 90 cals. They are AWESOME!!!!
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options

Do the Vitatops one have refined sugar? I looked at the ingredient list for the Fiber One brownies and dropped them. Lots of sugar and chemicals.

Am I overreacting?
  • SarahJones2001
    Options
    Hungry Girl Recipe Book has an entire section with recipe ideas to make with vitatops :)