Hi I’m new too, love this app the community is great .. Feel free to add me
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Hello!
  • treenapenney45
    treenapenney45 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wondering if u guys share tips on what u find works for weight loss, and different things u do to motivate yourself/ someone else to keep going on the weight loss road...thanks😊
  • BMsJourney
    BMsJourney Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    short and simplified...

1. The only thing that actually works is calorie deficit. As long as there is no medical concerns to take into consideration, you can pretty much eat whatever.... (Not a completely true story after the initial weight loss) Just make sure to stay below the maintenance level.
    2. Activity - stand while you work (if you have a desk job), take the stairs, walk to another bus stop, park further away from the store entry etc...
    3. Exercise, a mix of cardio and strength (don't want to loose those muscles). Minimum of 150 min a week (WHO recommendation). Find something you like doing.

For motivation:
    Multiple methods of "measure" - weight, tape measure, BF% (if available, can also be calc with tape measurements), pictures (stick them on the fridge, bathroom door etc)... Keeping some clothes you want to fit into available, and visible..

Good luck,
    and feel free to add me.