Advice on my eating habits

Options
rose313
rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
Hey everyone!

I'm not new at counting calories, but I am new at figuring out how to eat enough calories and still eat healthy.

I don't think I eat enough. I usually only have coffee for breakfast, for lunch I'll have soup, then a salad a little while later, when I get home from work I eat something, usually grapes or an apple with peanut butter. At dinnertime, I go for a run and stretch, and then I let myself eat a little more. Sometimes I'll have a sandwich, a slice of pizza, or pasta. I usually have a beer or two.

I really need to come up with a plan to both eat more, and stay healthy as well. Otherwise I'm never going to eat my full 1200 calories plus the ones I exercise off.

I'd love some ideas for foods that are easy to make and take to work with me, and dinners that don't take too long. Any other advice for me is welcomed as well. :)

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Would you mind opening your diary so we can get a better idea of what you do eat every day? That would allow us to make better suggestions.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Look at my Diary it will give you an idea. It is not always perfect but I try to keep it close. You have to fuel your body with great nutrition
  • jeepgirl001
    Options
    These are some of the things I enjoy. Breakfast - granola with yogurt. Lunch is a mult-grain bread and lean meat sandwich. Dinner is sometimes grilled chicken breast with salad or baked salmon in the oven with a salad. Snacks are fruit. Hope this helps.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Water packed tuna in the pouch, hard-boiled eggs, cottage cheese & fruit, oatmeal, peanut butter, grilled chicken, wild rice. My diary is open. I do better during the week usually then on a weekend. I cook the chicken, eggs, and rice on the weekends and pack it for the week. Hope that helps.
  • gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    Hello, I've lost 117 pounds 3 times in my life, but also dealt with an eating disorder and over exercising. I swore to myself that this time was going to be the last time and I was going to do it the right way. My diet is viewable by my friends. For the most part I stay within my calorie goal daily & I think I really eat a lot for those calories. I plan ahead of time and always have fresh veggies in the house. I try not to eat much in the way of processed foods either. I could probably do a little better if I could do away with alcohol totally, but you've got to live. So far I have lost 51 pounds healthfully, 38 of which has been since I joined my fitness pal. I hope this helps & if you'd like to friend me, you too can view my diary. Remember food is fuel...you need it to stoke that fat burning furnace.
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    Quino is a grain that has lots of vitamins. It takes on other flavors like rice or pasta. I like it with a bit of fruit and lemon.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone!