Looking for Accountability Buddies?

Options
Want to be held accountable to lose weight? Need that extra focus or push on those bad days? Me too!! If you're looking for more MFP friends & accountability buddies, post below and tell us a little about yourself and your goals.

This time 1 year ago I was at my heaviest - 60lbs overweight. Throughout 2018 I made subtle changes to try to lose the weight I gained after a year of postpartum depression. The total weight loss was 20lbs. After hitting a rough spot a few months ago, I decided to delete MFP. 2019 is here and I'm ready for a fresh start & I'm motivated to lose the rest of this weight I've been carrying around.

Looking forward to "meeting" more MFP buddies. :)

Replies

• Sarahafina
    Sarahafina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I’d like to get back into this after taking a break. I think accountably will help me when I’m staring at those tempting foods. I tend to eat more and be social less.. I’m needing help staying motivated and moving more. I’m pork, dairy, and gluten free. I’m trying to do less meat meals and learning about plant based protein options. Keto and super low carb are hard for me because of the restrictions. I am curious about IF. I’m also considering a fitness tracker.
  • nikkibrianne64
    nikkibrianne64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Glad you are giving it another shot! I love the extra support and anyone can add me! This makes it more exciting!
  • laumom2
    laumom2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends- how do I add people
  • _CFraser_
    _CFraser_ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also relatively new here. I started last year and lost some weight (but my size didn't change) and i completely lost sight of my goals in about October. I'm back now and i think having someone to keep me accountable for my eating habits and exercise would be very helpful. Please let me know hiw this works! :smile:
  • jyothsnarajath
    jyothsnarajath Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. Iam new here. It would be great to have accountability buddy for my eating habits and exercise. Please update
  • BMsJourney
    BMsJourney Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    laumom2 wrote: »
    I would love to be friends- how do I add people

click on their name once, then one more, then "add friend" :smile:
  • comptonforceten
    comptonforceten Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yup...me too....feel free to add me
  • harleyjax
    harleyjax Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just added you! Anyone can add me as well, need any motivation I can get to keep my momentum going!
  • wolfkms
    wolfkms Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me. I too can use the motivation to stay true to my goals.
  • wildyammm
    wildyammm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m looking for support too and new to mfp. Feel free to add me too
  • jwisdom80
    jwisdom80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I would love accountability partners also. I was on track losing weight back in 2015 - was at 165ish (down from ~200) but then got pregnant with baby #3 in the middle of a prolonged stressful period at work. I was working during maternity leave and late hours for months after. All that contributed to very high stress levels and overall declining health. I wasn't just not losing the "baby" weight but also started having other stress symptoms e.g. random eczema outbreaks, back pain, etc. So this year, while work has not slowed down much, I am choosing to focus on my health first! I am looking to lose 60 lbs.
  • SplodingPanda
    SplodingPanda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby and I'm at my heaviest! Well, I was. I'm down about 20 or 25lbs from giving birth 8ish weeks ago but I'm still 20lbs above my pre pregnancy weight and unhappy/unhealthy in my body. I am going to change that to be healthy for my family. My first goal is to lose 66 more lbs to get to 199lbs. In a year or two, whatever.

I am happy for you that you are recovering from PPD, which is no joke, and would love to be accountability buddies! So awesome that you're back on the wagon and encouraging others. I have never had an accountability buddy and am open to more :smile:
  • thebrokemama
    thebrokemama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am looking for accountability team members and support system on here. This is my second round with MFP, and the first time I did amazing once I had a groupd of people on the journey with me..

I am new mom of twins, and between the pregancy complications and post partum complications I am having a terrible time feeling good about myself lately. With the last of the issues dying down I am read to get going again.

So take a moment and add me as a friend, I would love to have as many people on my accountability team as possible.
  • gagan510
    gagan510 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all. It’s day 1 for me on this “new” weight loss journey. Ive tried and failed a hundred time but I’ve been working on trying to keep the promises I make to myself, and losing weight always seems so difficult. I have about 60lbs to lose and I think some accountability will help. How do I join a group? Or should I add users and start my own?