Why?

Options
OElleBelleO
OElleBelleO Posts: 54 Member
So why do you guys want to loss weight? Why does it matter and who is your inspiration?

Replies

• TheTeeWhy
    TheTeeWhy Posts: 186
    Options
    Because Im tired of being fat

Health and aesthetic reasons

Me :P
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Because I've spent the last 30 years hating the way my body looks, even when I was thin. I'm tired of feeling that way.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I didn't like the way I looked in pictures.

And... I want to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle.. I quit smoking and thought I should use MFP assist me

AND(this is embarrasing) the man I am dating is younger, so I feel like I have to compete with his friends girlfriends(whom I haven't even met)
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    Tired of being fat, out of shape,being tired all the time, the list goes on and on.
    Inspiration: kids, husband and being about to inspire/motivate others.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    1) My clothes don't fit me.
    2) I'm overweight, and I don't like the way I look/feel.
    3) Health... All four of my grandparents have Type 2 Diabetes, and I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.
    4) Why not? :wink:

My inspiration? My mother who is battling breast cancer with all that she has. She's beaten the odds several times in the past few years. If she can kick cancer's a@@, then I can lose some weight.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    because my father is slowly dying from complications due to ignoring diabetes, including heart disease and kidney failure, and I want to live to see grandchildren!
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am doing this because I have spent all of my adult life unhappy with myself. I want to set a good example for my kids. I also want to be able to walk into a store and buy clothes off the rack instead of online.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    Because I want to look like I did when I met my husband. I don't feel attractive and I hate looking in the mirror, and i don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe, lol.
  • evanryn
    evanryn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be overweight anymore, nor do I want to be supermodel skinny; I just want to be healthy! I'm doing it for me and for my kids. They see me eating healthy and exercising and they want to do the same. I know I'm beautiful inside and out, but I am just overweight and I don't want to have health issues related to obesity later down the road- I don't want that for my family. I love MFP and everything I've learned from here, so thank you MFP, you ROCK!!!!