Peanuts butter/banana sandwich

Options
Hi,

I've recently started eating pb/banana sandwiches and found it listed on the app, but I wanted to know if a single unit here is with two slices of bread or just 1? Also, is it accounting for whole wheat bread?

Thanks.

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Another vote for logging your own sandwich. Bread and bananas vary in calories depending on the type of bread and the weight of the banana. Peanut butter is calorie dense, so it should be measured.
    One of my favorite breakfasts is a toasted light English muffin with peanut butter and sliced banana, about 275 calories.
    Light English muffin 90
    Small banana 90
    1TBSP smooth peanut butter 95
    If you are using commercially made bread and peanut butter you can scan the UPC label on the package for the calories per serving with this app. You can adjust the serving size for what you actually ate.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    There’s a recent MFP blog entry with s recipe that includes peanut butter and bananas. It’s called sushi something because it looks like sushi when prepared. It’s eye appealing and the calories per serving are provided. If you like peanut butter and bananas together, do a search for it, I’m sure you’ll like it.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Just input your own ingredients and thereafter when you begin to type it in, it will come up automatically.

I eat them often for breakfast using gluten free bread (Celiac), a tablespoon of peanut butter and of course a banana. Love them!
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    There are some really goofy calorie counts in the non-verified database. Stuff that is off by a multiple of the correct calories.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    There’s a recent MFP blog entry with s recipe that includes peanut butter and bananas. It’s called sushi something because it looks like sushi when prepared. It’s eye appealing and the calories per serving are provided. If you like peanut butter and bananas together, do a search for it, I’m sure you’ll like it.

You'd still need to log your entries individually. Peanut butter is very calorie dense and needs to be weighed for accuracy. Case in point - I stopped making PB/banana smoothies after getting a food scale and seeing how small 2 T of PB really are when using the gram equivalent.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    There are some really goofy calorie counts in the non-verified database. Stuff that is off by a multiple of the correct calories.

If they are off by 100 that is not uncommon for 1 g system entries (my name for when MFP pulls entries from the USDA database). The 1 g entry may actually be for 100 grams. I used to report these to Support but the process was so frustrating that I just gave up. While I would prefer that they would be fixed for other people, I can't be spending so much time on the broken process of reporting incorrect system entries.

Just saw you said non-verified database. All the system entries are in fact verified. I'll leave my comment anyway, because this is an issue I encounter unacceptably frequently.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Definitely build your own and weigh all the ingredients. PB and banana my way is about 600 calories, so I stopped eating them, except as a special treat occasionally. I would be in big trouble if I used someone else's lower count and ate them all the time.