Hi is anyone trying to shape up for a special occasion

Options
Hi I’m obviously looking to lose weight for my health this time round but I do have a lovely holiday booked for June to Las Vegas, I went last year and the heat was intense especially being big so I’d love to slim down and get fitter for my holiday as there is a lot of walking. Does anyone else have a specula occasional coming up they would like to shape up for?

Replies

• LucyP12342014
    LucyP12342014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes the incentive for me is we are going on holiday in July and the last time I went to this resort 2.5 years ago I was at goal weight and loved the confidence I had. I need to shift this baby weight now and I know I can do it!! Good luck!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    yes.

my life.

same.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    yes.

my life.

The exact sentiments too

I'm dieting for the great adventure called life
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law is getting married in May and asked me to do reading. I’d love to be at or near my goal weight when I have to stand up in front of all those people!
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I’d like to shape up for my marathon, but this damn leg doesn’t want to work!
  • BethE238
    BethE238 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My 10 year wedding anniversary is in July. I’d like to be close to my wedding weight by then.
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My Japan trip in April. I want to walk longer periods of time since I know i will be doing a lot of sightseeing. Major one is going to mt Fuji. Getting in shape for that.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Besides life. And health of course. I actually want to hike the PCT next year. It will be slightly easier if I drop more weight first.
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Shacking up with my girlfriend.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Holiday in April
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Eh.. not exactly, but kind of. I'm losing weight and getting fit because it needs to be done, and it'll take as long as it takes. I'm working on just living my life as it is now rather than putting things off anymore. Nobody cares about me being fat or showing some skin in hot weather more than I do, but it sure is taking a while for that lesson to sink in.

That being said, I am attending a wedding in a month and a half and it would be nice to fully be another size down instead of stuck between sizes. I'm putting off dress shopping until the last minute, which kind of stinks, but I'm steadily losing so I genuinely do not know what size I will be.

It would also be nice to be at my goal, or a hell of a lot closer to it, by the time I get married... whenever that is. Next year maybe, I dunno (we're engaged with goals to meet before we set a date). The actual marriage is more important than looking good in a dress so I guess I'll just see what's going on when we get there!
  • glasscast
    glasscast Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i'm mostly losing for my health, but my partner and i have been talking about getting married, and i do admit i'd like to look nice for my wedding day.
  • amlw17
    amlw17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes. I want to have another baby’s. And I want to be a healthy weight at the start of my pregnancy.
  • crystalgulliver
    crystalgulliver Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes, my hen do in July, wedding in August! The pressure!
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I didn't initially, but now I do.

My brother is getting married next year and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a bridesmaid (I've not been asked yet, but my sister-in-law to be, did tell me some time ago that when they did eventually get engaged, she'd want me as a bridesmaid, so I'm pretty confident). I would like to be settled on a weight well before, so I don't have to make adjustments to the dress I'm going to be wearing.

Also I want to look fiiiiine :wink:
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Mostly, I want to feel confident, be strong and healthy. Vanity does play a part though. I am attending a gala in Scotland in May hosted by Sam Heughan. Sam Heughan stars in my favorite show, Outlander, which also happens to be my favorite book series. I will be working out with one of his trainers and doing a group activity with others from all over the world who have been working the past year to be healthier. I need to be able to complete the workouts without dying. I am participating in my first half marathon on the grounds of Stirling Castle while I am there. Less weight to drag for 13.1 miles is a big incentive. I also want to wear a beautiful dress at the gala without having bingo wings and back fat.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My main motivation is to look great in a bikini. We just went on vacation to Florida, and I felt I looked pretty good in a bikini, but by this summer, I want to look fantastic. Last year I worked hard to get from overweight to healthy. This year, I want to work on the vanity weight.
  • prettyshambolic
    prettyshambolic Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My sister in law's wedding is in September and we are also going to Belize for our first anniversary in September. I need to look great in both a dress and a bikini.