Believe You Can Achieve

Options
Believe You Can Achieve

Your ability to achieve a goal is dependent on many factors, but none of them is more important than believing you can!

Your potential to achieve the goal you desire is unlimited. You may not yet grasp the unbounded extent of your true ability to effect change in your life, but that is the ultimate point of your goal. Yes, of course you want the outcome of success. But more importantly, you want to know on a conscious level that you have the ability to have an idea, to make a decision about moving forward on your idea, and then actually bring your idea into reality.

You can make your dreams real. You can manifest your choices on Earth.

When you set a goal to overcome a difficult personal challenge, you have just stepped into an interesting journey. You are now engaged in an attempt to achieve something that you do not yet believe you can accomplish. Yet here you are anyway, taking risks and moving forward on a great adventure to determine if you can actually live life differently, in a way that you have never done before.

We may not be born with a nothing-can-stop-me attitude, but that is the wisdom we gradually give to ourselves when we set forth to achieve a personal goal.

Goals Take You Beyond Self-Doubt

Attaining your goals is essentially a process of discovering how to erase self-doubt and feelings of hopelessness or helplessness in regards to a specific aspect of your life.

Why do you want to achieve your particular goal?

When you have the outcome you want, what strengths will you have that you didn't have before?

How will your life feel different?
Pursuing meaningful personal goals is how you allow yourself move you beyond fear, uncertainty, and doubt. To illustrate my point, set a goal to overcome one of your personal challenges. Now begin to take action on that goal. As soon as you reach your first obstacle, you are going to hear yourself thinking and feeling some version of, "It's no use, I can't do it. I'm unable to move through this. Things will never change."

And that's the big secret I'm wanting to share with you today: The purpose of your goal is to bring you to the edge of your currently held limitations so that you can discover if it is possible for you to evolve beyond them.

In other words, when you set out to achieve a goal you are supposed to run into your fears, objections, and doubt. When you face your fears and then move forward anyway you discover you have decision-making power. You realize you are bigger than your fear. You gain access to inner determination, spirit, persevering, hanging in there, and never giving up. You have assertiveness, you can make new choices, and you can effect change in your own life.

Steps to Expand Belief

It's easy to say, "Believe in your dreams and they will come true." But the key to making your dreams come true is realizing that at first you have no track history of success. You have no proof that you can imagine a better future and then make it come true. You actually don't know that you can do what it takes. What you do have are walls that keep you from knowing your true potential. Realize this important secret and you will understand that the purpose of your goal is self-discovery: who are you, can you have what you want, and how exactly does conscious creation work?

Through your goal you can discover that the "key to success" exists within you. Follow these action steps and discover new ways to tap into your inner potential and walk beyond your walls of limitation.

1. Acknowledge Your Power of Choice

Here is an experiment. For the next 48 hours, eliminate the words, "I have to" from your vocabulary and substitute the words "I choose to." Instead of saying, "I have to change my eating habits," or "I have to tolerate my lack of joy," say, "I choose to eat healthier," or, "I choose to explore my ability to have more joy." Feel how empowering this simple change of words can be.

When you eliminate "I have to" from your vocabulary, you assert control in your life and live by choice rather than by default. You set your priorities, you are responsible for your actions, and you have control of your destiny. Choose to try it out for a couple of days. I can testify you will begin to feel less helpless and more in charge of your life immediately.

2. Small Steps Equal Big Success

Begin by finding the smallest achievable steps that will take closer toward your goal. Why the smallest steps? Mainly because success builds on success. If you choose actions that are too big, it's easy to become overwhelmed. You won't follow through with the action, your motivation deflates, and you consider giving up. Take a few minutes and list several of the smallest steps that will move you slightly forward towards the life you want. Find easy, "I could do this" steps. Choose actions that are right for right now and follow through.

3. Try Even When You Still Think You Can't Do It

Take action on your goal even when it's difficult or you don't know the outcome. Even if you fail, there is much wisdom to learn within your setbacks C if you can look at your disappointments without self-criticism. Allow the satisfaction of learning through experience to be bigger than the misery of the mistake.

4. Establish Evidence of Your Success

Praise, praise, praise yourself at every opportunity. And celebrate. You don't need fireworks, but do find ways to acknowledge your efforts and your success. Place a checkmark on your calendar, gather congratulations from your loved ones, obtain a hug from your partner, or recognize your actions in writing. Document and celebrate every step toward your goal. Get in the habit of acknowledging what you have done right.

Recognizing your efforts and successes establishes a track record of achievement and reinforces a belief in yourself. Gather proof and collect evidence that it is indeed possible for you to have what you want. Use every success and every effort as an excuse for feeling good in your body and life. The better you feel, the more excited and alive you become, the easier it is to continue moving forward on your goal.

You can have the life that you really, really want! Set a positive destination, make a choice to start walking, acknowledge that you will experience fear and doubt, take action anyway, and track your successes. As you take these specific steps, you show yourself that you do hold the key to being the master of the rest of your life!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Believe You Can Achieve

Your ability to achieve a goal is dependent on many factors, but none of them is more important than believing you can!

Your potential to achieve the goal you desire is unlimited. You may not yet grasp the unbounded extent of your true ability to effect change in your life, but that is the ultimate point of your goal. Yes, of course you want the outcome of success. But more importantly, you want to know on a conscious level that you have the ability to have an idea, to make a decision about moving forward on your idea, and then actually bring your idea into reality.

You can make your dreams real. You can manifest your choices on Earth.

When you set a goal to overcome a difficult personal challenge, you have just stepped into an interesting journey. You are now engaged in an attempt to achieve something that you do not yet believe you can accomplish. Yet here you are anyway, taking risks and moving forward on a great adventure to determine if you can actually live life differently, in a way that you have never done before.

We may not be born with a nothing-can-stop-me attitude, but that is the wisdom we gradually give to ourselves when we set forth to achieve a personal goal.

Goals Take You Beyond Self-Doubt

Attaining your goals is essentially a process of discovering how to erase self-doubt and feelings of hopelessness or helplessness in regards to a specific aspect of your life.

Why do you want to achieve your particular goal?

When you have the outcome you want, what strengths will you have that you didn't have before?

How will your life feel different?
    Pursuing meaningful personal goals is how you allow yourself move you beyond fear, uncertainty, and doubt. To illustrate my point, set a goal to overcome one of your personal challenges. Now begin to take action on that goal. As soon as you reach your first obstacle, you are going to hear yourself thinking and feeling some version of, "It's no use, I can't do it. I'm unable to move through this. Things will never change."

And that's the big secret I'm wanting to share with you today: The purpose of your goal is to bring you to the edge of your currently held limitations so that you can discover if it is possible for you to evolve beyond them.

In other words, when you set out to achieve a goal you are supposed to run into your fears, objections, and doubt. When you face your fears and then move forward anyway you discover you have decision-making power. You realize you are bigger than your fear. You gain access to inner determination, spirit, persevering, hanging in there, and never giving up. You have assertiveness, you can make new choices, and you can effect change in your own life.

Steps to Expand Belief

It's easy to say, "Believe in your dreams and they will come true." But the key to making your dreams come true is realizing that at first you have no track history of success. You have no proof that you can imagine a better future and then make it come true. You actually don't know that you can do what it takes. What you do have are walls that keep you from knowing your true potential. Realize this important secret and you will understand that the purpose of your goal is self-discovery: who are you, can you have what you want, and how exactly does conscious creation work?

Through your goal you can discover that the "key to success" exists within you. Follow these action steps and discover new ways to tap into your inner potential and walk beyond your walls of limitation.

1. Acknowledge Your Power of Choice

Here is an experiment. For the next 48 hours, eliminate the words, "I have to" from your vocabulary and substitute the words "I choose to." Instead of saying, "I have to change my eating habits," or "I have to tolerate my lack of joy," say, "I choose to eat healthier," or, "I choose to explore my ability to have more joy." Feel how empowering this simple change of words can be.

When you eliminate "I have to" from your vocabulary, you assert control in your life and live by choice rather than by default. You set your priorities, you are responsible for your actions, and you have control of your destiny. Choose to try it out for a couple of days. I can testify you will begin to feel less helpless and more in charge of your life immediately.

2. Small Steps Equal Big Success

Begin by finding the smallest achievable steps that will take closer toward your goal. Why the smallest steps? Mainly because success builds on success. If you choose actions that are too big, it's easy to become overwhelmed. You won't follow through with the action, your motivation deflates, and you consider giving up. Take a few minutes and list several of the smallest steps that will move you slightly forward towards the life you want. Find easy, "I could do this" steps. Choose actions that are right for right now and follow through.

3. Try Even When You Still Think You Can't Do It

Take action on your goal even when it's difficult or you don't know the outcome. Even if you fail, there is much wisdom to learn within your setbacks C if you can look at your disappointments without self-criticism. Allow the satisfaction of learning through experience to be bigger than the misery of the mistake.

4. Establish Evidence of Your Success

Praise, praise, praise yourself at every opportunity. And celebrate. You don't need fireworks, but do find ways to acknowledge your efforts and your success. Place a checkmark on your calendar, gather congratulations from your loved ones, obtain a hug from your partner, or recognize your actions in writing. Document and celebrate every step toward your goal. Get in the habit of acknowledging what you have done right.

Recognizing your efforts and successes establishes a track record of achievement and reinforces a belief in yourself. Gather proof and collect evidence that it is indeed possible for you to have what you want. Use every success and every effort as an excuse for feeling good in your body and life. The better you feel, the more excited and alive you become, the easier it is to continue moving forward on your goal.

You can have the life that you really, really want! Set a positive destination, make a choice to start walking, acknowledge that you will experience fear and doubt, take action anyway, and track your successes. As you take these specific steps, you show yourself that you do hold the key to being the master of the rest of your life!:flowerforyou:
  • zoey1912
    Options
    Thank you very much for posting this. I'm going through a very rough emotional period and your inspirational words help. One of my family members who recently passed always used to say "Believe you can achieve" this made me think of him. Thanks you.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Thank you very much for posting this. I'm going through a very rough emotional period and your inspirational words help. One of my family members who recently passed always used to say "Believe you can achieve" this made me think of him. Thanks you.
    Hey Zoey, so very sorry to hear about your loss:cry: I'm glad the article gave you a warm memory of your family member:flowerforyou: I'll keep you in my thoughts Hon:heart:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options