"Thinspiration" clothes- clothes I thought I'd never fit int

Options
Thought I would share this with my MFP family. :flowerforyou:

I bought this pair of shorts about two months ago. They were on sale and they were so darn pretty, and I wanted them so bad. But they were a size 9, and not a forgiving size 9 either. There was not even the slightest bit of give to the fabric, no “stretch” no elastic. I was about a size 11 at the time. I bought them (along with a matching crop top) and left all the tags on, thinking, by the end of the summer I will fit in to these.

And today, I tried them on, and they fit like a dream. I couldn’t even zipper them (let along button them!) the first time I tried them on. :noway: I cannot believe how far I have come.

I took the tags off, and I’m wearing them for the first time out of the house today.

Anyway. Here they are:

tumblr_lqa9dhecaO1qk41k7.jpg

Still in disbelief!

If I can do it, anybody can, really! :tongue:

Replies

• soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That is so rad!!!! Good job!

the outfit is super cute too :)
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    Fantastic work !

I have clothes like this and I hope one day I will wear my clothes with pride knowing I have come so far !

Well Done

xx
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    love it! congrats!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • goodme02
    goodme02 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic! I have a pair of "7 for All Mankind" jeans that I bought a couple of months ago that I'd like to fit into when I reach my end goal. Looking at those pics is an inspiration to me, because we have similar weight goals...you're just a little farther along than I am. Work those shorts today!! :)
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I did something similar to inspire me. I went to my favorite shop and paid dearly for a fab dress that is one size too small (okay - maybe 2!) The girls at the shop must have thought I was nuts to buy it but when I told them I WILL fit into this dress by New Year's - that got it! It hangs in full view so I see it every day - it's the best excercise motivator and appetite suppressent ever! Keep up the good work and "cheers" to your next "Thinspiration!!!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Wow, I love this.
  • VeroJuly
    VeroJuly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I know the feeling.. I was keeping what I called myskinny pants away in a drawer for about 7 years, refusing to thow them away because I swore to myself I would wear them aain one day. The day came on friday (aug 19th) and I rocked the hell out of them!

Keep up the good work, you are awesome♥
  • peddlepusher
    Options
    Wonderful! I am doing the samething - working on gettting into a bathing suit! having a prize to look forward to helps me keep going! good job! now go get the next outfit!!!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Know how you feel.

I did a little window shoppign yesterday and tried on a size 13 juniors capris and they were a little tight, but I could zip and button them. I figure another 5-8 lbs and they would fit perfect.

I also can't believe I have lost 34 lbs already. Truth be told I have practically cut out all fast food, with the exception of the occasional crunchy chicke taco from Taco Bell, which is actually better sodium wise than a 6" turkey sandwich from Subway. (I would normally have a 6" turkey with little mustard, american cheese, lettuce, olives, onions, pepper on wheat - total calories is 360 with 1600 mg of sodium) (3 crunchy chicken tacos at Taco Bell 950 mg sodium and 450 calories)
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jean I want to fit into by Christmas...I'm a size 22/24 right now and the pant are a 19...I need to loose close to four sizes. I just don't know what weight to shoot for, I'm wanting to loose 40lbs by then.....Congrats on meeting your goal!
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Know how you feel.

I did a little window shoppign yesterday and tried on a size 13 juniors capris and they were a little tight, but I could zip and button them. I figure another 5-8 lbs and they would fit perfect.

I also can't believe I have lost 34 lbs already. Truth be told I have practically cut out all fast food, with the exception of the occasional crunchy chicke taco from Taco Bell, which is actually better sodium wise than a 6" turkey sandwich from Subway. (I would normally have a 6" turkey with little mustard, american cheese, lettuce, olives, onions, pepper on wheat - total calories is 360 with 1600 mg of sodium) (3 crunchy chicken tacos at Taco Bell 950 mg sodium and 450 calories)

O.O! You mean I can still have Taco Bell?!
  • allehp
    allehp Posts: 96
    Options
    Thanks everybody!! Love hearing about the special clothes everyone has, glad I'm not the only one who buys myself "reminders"- my friends all thought I was crazy! :laugh:
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    that's freaking awesome.. It makes me want to go out and buy thinspiration clothes
  • ThugLifeFit
    Options
    great job!
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    wow! amazing!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I have some of those kinda clothes in my closet too. They are my next size and they were on sale for dirt cheap! Congrats on the achievement!

P.S. Cute Shorts!
  • datxdiva
    datxdiva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good job!
    I have a Banana Republic skirt that has NO stretch at all. Ordered online and decided to return to a local store. Its been sititng by my dresser almost a month. I think I will hang it up in the closet and make it my motivation to get into it by the end of the year! Its two sizes too small so not an unattainable goal :)
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    Woo hoo!!! Makes me want to buy some "thinspiration" clothes, as well!!