Alcohol

Options
2»

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I cut back a bit during the week when trying to lose, but I find when I cut it out completely I replace those calories with food (and then more) so I end up gaining.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Dry January in hopes that it helps me lose weight. I usually have a drink or two almost every day. So it hasn't been easy.

I've been looking for the No Alcohol group on here - do they still exist?

There is also The Sober Squad if you're looking for a NO alcohol group.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Dry January in hopes that it helps me lose weight. I usually have a drink or two almost every day. So it hasn't been easy.

I've been looking for the No Alcohol group on here - do they still exist?

There is also The Sober Squad if you're looking for a NO alcohol group.

It's listed under Challenges..It's a fantastic supportive group.
  • fatmonsters
    fatmonsters Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Same as another poster- trying Dry January for the first time and its making me gain. Still planning on sticking with it for the month...
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of wine.

I accept that it means my weight loss may be slower.

I am trying to reduce quietly with myself.

Any external forces piss me from and I then drink more.

Plus, I have anxiety, and, sad as it is to say, wine helps reduce those feelings.
  • benn_16
    benn_16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The major reason for my weight gain is alcohol. Whilst I can go days without a drink most days I could down 2 bottles of wine without blinking. I am trying to do dry January together with dieting. So far so good. First time in 5 years that I have done a full week without a drink.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I am a big beer and wine fan and wouldn't be willing to give it up completely. However, I am trying to only drink things that I really like. If a bar has no craft beers or decent wines there is no point in drinking stuff I don't really like that much. So I'm basically saving my alcohol calories for the good stuff!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    I lost about 60 lbs over 18 months with no changes other than no drinking. Do the math. A couple of beers a few week days. A couple of days with none. A couple extra Friday and Saturday. Throw in a pizza or nachos and 3000 extra calories per week is easy to do.

Now that I think about it, I replaced my drinking time with some walking and other moderate exercise. Felt odd for a while but it was pretty easy. No one was more surprised than I was.
  • Slider678
    Slider678 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    OK. I am a daily drinker until 2 days ago. First night slept horrid (almost not at all). Last night was better maybe 4-5 hours, I'll take it. I could use anyone's support and advice on curbing my drinking. It's like my whole social network is built with drinkers....Looking forward to week 1 weigh on Friday.