eating the right stuff

Options
One energy bar a day.lots of fruits and veggies.lots of water.thats my plan this week.

Replies

• eatyogarun
    eatyogarun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That's it?
  • jimsessions66
    jimsessions66 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    One energy bar a day.lots of fruits and veggies.lots of water.thats my plan this week.

Yeah.so far.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    How drastic a change is this from your regular habits?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Depending on what your fruits and veggies are, this plan sounds very low in protein and fat. Why are you eating this way?
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Why is that your plan?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound very sustainable on paper.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Yeah.so far.

Why?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    This is not sustainable. Are you planning to do this for the rest of your life? If not, how are you going to keep the weight off once you lose it?
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Sounds very unhealthy & unsustainable. Why do you think this "plan" is a good idea?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    Where's the protein and fats? There's a reason those are called "essential nutrients".

Just wanna see you stay healthy, truly! :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    Where is the right stuff mentioned in the title??

Chocolate. It's in invisible type.

But, seriously, OP. Where's the chocolate???
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    The "right stuff" includes eating sufficient protein and fat for health and at a suitable caloric level for your circumstances.
    Your diet doesn't appear to meet any of those criteria.

Suggest you have a good read of the various sticky threads pinned to the top of the forums, there's loads of good info to be found.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options

And ... ?
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If youre counting pulses as vegetables then you might be alive by the end of the year
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    OP, this isn't a sustainable plan.

It's great that you want to include lots of vegetables and fruits in your plan.

Energy bars, depending on the brand and ingredients, can be a source of convenient protein and/or fats.

But you need more than that! What about meat, whole grains, beans and legumes, healthy fats like olive oil and avocado, dairy like greek yougurt and cottage cheese? All of these things should be part of your plan too.

And honestly, if this is too drastic a change from how you've already been eating, it's likely to end in failure. Making gradual changes by introducing additions and slowly swapping out old eating plan/unhealthy eating pattern works better in the long run. You can shoot for a goal of having a diet that is overall 80% "healthy" and 20% "unhealthy". That's a balanced approach to eating.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i had pizza sunday.

m&ms yesterday

chicken and sausage yesterday

several servings of chocolate cake last week.

bratwurst, stir fry, bagel and cream cheese, black bean and chicken burritos, and lots of other good stuff.

lost something like 4 pounds over the past 2 weeks.

yup. its the right diet.