Food database

Options
I am back after a break and the food database is just weird. It has lots of listings for chicken and lamb but NONE for beef or pork? I cannot find rice or tomatoes? Is it just me or is it really this hopeless. Have they 'broken' it to tempt people to pay premium? Does it get any better on premium? Annoying because I have my recipes on here already but cannot add any more if such basic items are not on the database.

Replies

• Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    ruth79539 wrote: »
    I am back after a break and the food database is just weird. It has lots of listings for chicken and lamb but NONE for beef or pork? I cannot find rice or tomatoes? Is it just me or is it really this hopeless. Have they 'broken' it to tempt people to pay premium? Does it get any better on premium? Annoying because I have my recipes on here already but cannot add any more if such basic items are not on the database.

Hi Ruth, I think it's just you :)

Below is a capture when I search for beef for instance. I'm not premium BTW.

If you get zero results for something really common like beef or pork then try hitting search a second time.

Occasionally it's a bit temperamental :D

fpw69dtqw6fi.jpg
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    There's an ongoing issue. I've been getting nothing when I search for anything, online or in the app, for the last 12 hours or so. In the app it insists I must be offline (I'm not), and on the website searches return no results.
  • ruth79539
    ruth79539 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There's an ongoing issue. I've been getting nothing when I search for anything, online or in the app, for the last 12 hours or so. In the app it insists I must be offline (I'm not), and on the website searches return no results.

Yes - this sounds right. Odd that some people are still working OK - maybe it is a server issue depending on where you are in the world.
  • ruth79539
    ruth79539 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ruth79539 wrote: »

Hi Ruth, I think it's just you :)

Below is a capture when I search for beef for instance. I'm not premium BTW.

If you get zero results for something really common like beef or pork then try hitting search a second time.

Occasionally it's a bit temperamental :D

fpw69dtqw6fi.jpg

I think it must be sporadic and you are getting service whereas I am not. Hopefully they will resolve it then. Thank you.
  • ToMonkey
    ToMonkey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issues. I serach for food like potato and it finds nothing, the same with milk. It only finds what I have stored as my foods/recipes
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. I signed out and forced closed the app completely. When I logged back in it's working perfectly.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    known issue, ongoing (see top of page below link)

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/